Raffle to help Ram in College (Sgt. Karka's Son)

Those of us who have been around for a while know that Bill and Yangdu have been helping Sgt. Karka's son Ram go to medical school in Latvia. His dream is to become a doctor, and go back to Nepal to help his people. He is the first of his family to get much education. Sgt. Karka is in the Army in Nepal, and helps out at BirGorka. He is an excellent Kami in his own right and has made some beautiful pieces.

I am proposing to hold a raffle of 2 of my HI pieces. Winner gets to pick first, then runner ups gets to pick next. All of my pieces are available EXCEPT those that were gifts from my wife & son or another forumite. Those are my Berk Special, YCS, Sgt. Karka AK, and the Chitlangi that I bought from Walosi. That still leaves a rather sizable bunch to choose from. :eek: I don't have a complete inventory yet, but they include:

Chiruwa Ang Khola 16.5" by Bura
Sirupati 25" by Sanu (wood)
Gelbu Special 21" by Kesar
Ang Khola 18" by Kesar
WWII 18" by Kesar (horn) (blued blade)
Kobra 20" by Bura
20" AK by KNN (Kami with No Name)
Baby Ganga Ram Special by Kesar?
15" Sirupati Villager Khuk
M-43 by Kesar Wood
Sabre by Bura!!!!!!!!
25" Kobrapati by Kumar
Several Biltons, some by Sgt. Karka
30" Kobra by Sanu
12" Sirupati by Sanu
15" Sirupati by Sher
Himalayan Sword by Sher (wood)!!!!!!!!!!!
M43 by Kumar - horn
Dhankuta w/kothimoda sheath!!!!!!!!!!!
Himalayan Sword w/horn by Sher !!!!!!!!
2003 Convention Special by Bura, horn & deer horn 12" by Bura
Carved Handle AK by Kumar
Horn handled chitlangi by Kumar
Reti Khukuri by Bura
Konvention Special
Carved horn Kumar Karda
Plain horn Kumar Karda
12" villager AK
Horn handled Chainpuri
Tibetan sword, horn, by Bura!!!!!!!!!

One chance in the raffle will cost you $10. Don't look at it as a gamble, think how much rice and lentils $10 will buy Ram to feed him for a few days while he studies. This is a good way for everybody to help Bill and Yangdu with their good works and take a little load off of them during Bill's illness.

The raffle will start now and will run through September 29th, two weeks. I'll have my son draw 2 names out of the hat on Saturday October 2nd. The pieces chosen will be shipped on Monday, October 4th. I'll cover the shipping.

Chances can be bought by sending $10 via paypal to sferguson2@triad.rr.com
or by money order or personal check. If you want to pay that way, email me and I'll send my address. I'll be posting some pictures over the next few days.

Thanks for helping out,

Steve Ferguson
Swords_on_Wall.jpg

drawer4.jpg

drawer3.jpg

drawer2.jpg

drawer1.jpg

Oh, and one more thing. Please send your forum name as well as your real name on the paypal or money order so I can keep everybody straight. Unless your forum name IS your real name. :)

Excellent response so far guys. What a great bunch of fellows.

Thanks!

Steve

Ferguson, this is a most gracious action you're taking to help out Ram. i'll save $10-20 from my next paycheck and will gladly help you support him!

you've already made me feel welcome here, so it'd be my pleasure to chip in. prize or no prize.

-Ryan

10$ sent :)

Sabre by Bura!!!!!!!!
25" Kobrapati by Kumar
Himalayan Sword by Sher (wood)!!!!!!!!!!!
Dhankuta w/kothimoda sheath!!!!!!!!!!!
Himalayan Sword w/horn by Sher !!!!!!!!
2003 Convention Special by Bura, horn & deer horn 12" by Bura
Reti Khukuri by Bura
Konvention Special

not to sure what all of these ones are? definitely some interesting ones in there for sure though :D thanks for the chance, and the good deed

Bruce of 1 said:
Is a himalayan sword a tibetan sword or something else?

Bruce,
The Himalayan swords are in the first pic on the left side. They are the ones that are crossed. The Tibetan sword is the one on the right next to the top under the spear. Don't think the Himalayan was ever a standard item. Both Himalayan sword have had the edges convexed. You should never use a sword to chop with, but I did so with one of these, just to see how tough they were. Chopped throug a 6" pine log. Please don't try this at home! :eek:

Steve

Boys, I'm blown away by the response so far. I thought we would raise some money for Ram, but the outpouring of generosity from you guys has been phenomenal. I'm going to add a second runner up since so many people are participating. So I'll be drawing for 3 pieces.

I'm really proud of you.

Steve

As usual, this offering, and the response, shows the quality of people here in the Cantina. I'll be sending in money for a ticket when I get paid.

Psst! ddean:
"The raffle will start now and will run through September 29th, two weeks."

Those are some nice looking blades you've put up. I'm in too. Email sent. I want to mail a check.

Back