Raffle to help Ram in College (Sgt. Karka's Son)

Looking good guys! Up to $889.24.

If we make it to $1000, I'll add a 4th drawing. :)

Your generosity blows me away.

Steve

hey guys, $1000 and a extra draw eh?

I'll put in $100. Let's try and get it to a grand. But i'm doing it for selfish purposes only!

:p

We're there! $1013.57 with more checks and money orders in the mail!!!!!!

Adding a 4th drawing.

You guys make me proud. Just got an email from Ram. I've passed along to him that the money is coming from all of you guys, not me.

Respected Steve Ferguson,

I myself found very lucky and fortune to get Great Hearted People like you,Uncle Bill and Yangdu .I really gave up my Hope Last year too.But because of Uncle Bill Bless..Still surviving and getting success in study.Now 4 years more to go to be doctor.I hope now I can get success in my Dream- To be Doctor and help my Poor,Diseases People of my village.I think,no need to tell about the situations of Nepali people.Out of them too,I am from Untouchable cast of Nepal.

800 $ is really a great help for me.Its really big for me.I can servive at least 3 months by it.Living and fooding is very expensive in this country.I will never forget your help in my life. Right this time,I can't pay your money besides Praying to The Loving Respected God for giving Blessing to you for earninh good money.I do pray for your good health,happy family, success in every steps of life and to get victory on your aim and mission.

I really become very happy that You are helping Uncle Bill to feed Poor,Ignorant,Starving Kamis of Nepal by collecting Khukuri.After country falls in Moists Home War,the situations of Kamis is really getting more worst.I kindly reaquest you to keep it up and help to Protect the Khukuri maker from starving.

Thank you very much for praising my father workship.I will tell about this fact to him.
Yah,he is proud of him.More than this he has to suffer a lot to afford my School expenses before.Now he can't help at any more.I myself also should be proud to get born on him.
There are many more thing to talk..We will keep on sharing in the coming future...Ok.

<info about the best way to send the money deleted>

In this vary first letter,If you do not mind will you Please write me your Date of Birthday.At least I can honor your unpayable help by remembering in your birthday.

Once again,Thank you very much for your Unpayable and fruitful help that you gonna send.
Hope to see you soon.

Yours friend...Future Nepali Doctor
Ram

Thanks for sharing that Ferg. Just shows again the good stock he comes from. And the raffles shows that even the most ornery of us(and yeah, that's a LOT of us here ;) ) still can have some good in us. And this group seems to bring it out in each other.

Ram sounds like a very deserving recipient of the funds, and will definitely prove to be "untouchable" as an M.D. :D The best doctors are those who practice with passion, and do so to help people, not to accumulate $.

Steve, you started a wonderful thing here. I hope there are more of these benefits in the future.

Thank you very much for sharing that, Ferg.
If it's still going by Thursday (payday, once a month, oog) I'll send a few more bucks in Paypal!

Drdan said:
...The best doctors are those who practice with passion, and do so to help people, not to accumulate $.

Yes, but unless you are a child from Brazil with a severe facial deformity, or a baby in Africa with AIDS, you will never see one.

Ram and Uncle Bill.jpg

Ram and I at Pala's flat in Kathmandu year 2000. We had helped him thru HS and at the time this picture was taken were in the process of getting him into med school. It's been touch and go at times but he's still there and doing well.

He told me his food expenses in Latvia were running either $10 or $30 a month. I can't remember which. Either number I find astounding. Dal bhat mostly, the traditional low cost Nepali fare consisting of rice and lentils. Ram sent some pix from school and they were taken at dinner time. Group consisted of maybe 8 or 10 Nepali kids, including a couple of gals, and sure enough there on the table were the plates of dal bhat.

God, I hope they all make it.

One of my big regrets in life is never meeting this Uncle Bill character in person. i wonder what he is like ...

:(

Today's the last day. Thank you all for the wonderful outpouring of generosity. Entries accepted through midnight tonight. Drawing will be held Saturday.

Thanks!

Steve

He told me his food expenses in Latvia were running either $10 or $30 a month. I can't remember which. Either number I find astounding. Dal bhat mostly, the traditional low cost Nepali fare consisting of rice and lentils. Ram sent some pix from school and they were taken at dinner time. Group consisted of maybe 8 or 10 Nepali kids, including a couple of gals, and sure enough there on the table were the plates of dal bhat.

God, I hope they all make it.>

If this is the same food you've described, I wonder any make it. Maybe they make it to get out of there and find something good to eat!!!

munk

Most of us like it if you don't have to eat it three times a day.

munk

Yes, obviously I prefer a more varied pallet. And I prefer a healthier diet than dal baht three times a day.

On the other hand, some of my friends eat fast food 3 times a day...and I would prefer the rice and lentils!

You got that!! The thought of a Big Mac three times a day kills me- and probably would.

munk

Back