Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me. I'm the good cause.
Been fighting brain cancer since April.
Had some pretty serious surgeries and more bad news than good since then.
It's a lot to go into, so I won't.
I haven't been around for a while, but I can get plenty of vouches if anyone feels the need to request.
I checked with a SuperMod and got the OK, but if anyone sees any glaring omissions please feel free to let me know.

Raffle

• If you pay via Paypal, then do not write the underlined word above anywhere on your payment (don't be stupid), simply write your forum name, nothing else! If you ignore this, you will never be allowed to participate in a raffle again and you will earn yourself a custom infraction for your trouble. You could mail your payment via USPS MO if that helps, but if it takes 2 weeks to arrive then that is on you.
IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU PAY WITH PAYPAL, PUT YOUR FORUM NAME ONLY IN THE COMMENTS! YOU'LL GET MY PAYPAL FROZEN AND EVERYONE'S MONEY WILL BE IN LIMBO UNTIL I CAN GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT IF YOU DO THIS INCORRECTLY!

I'll be choosing 3 winners at random after all spots are filled.
I'll take videos while I pick from random.org
I'll ship the knives fully insured, probably first class as Priority is expensive and slow anyway.

All 3 knives come with the boxes.

Going to make this $10 per spot with a total of 100 spots.
I figure the value is somewhere in the ballpark of $400/275/325?

First knife is a Gen 4 sheepsfoot 3.5" XM-18 in DLC.
Bad. Ass. Knife.
Bought it new, carried it once, possibly twice? Never used.
Flips great, detent is medium/strong, lockup is solid.

Second knife is a 3" FWF wharncliffe, I'm not the original owner.
I don't know if it's the factory edge, but it's very sharp and grind is even.
Finish is very nice, flips better than a lot of 3" I've encountered, detent is more light/medium, lockup is solid. The sticker on the box says black scale, but it comes with the orange. Only extra scale I have.

Third knife is a Jurassic with digicam finish on the blade and handle.
This one was anonymously donated, seems to be in excellent shape.
Like the previous knife, I can't say whether it has been sharpened in the past, but the edge looks fine to me.
Flips like it isn't fully broken in, locks up solid.

Will add something extra to each package when shipped.

PICS: https://imgur.com/a/YlC63fu
(The 3" slicer is sold)

Entered as of 9/9/18 9AM:
1- GermanyChris
2- Ajack60
3- abbydaddy
4- abbydaddy
5- BigBill5953
6- BigBill5953
7- hexenjager
8- hexenjager
9- FTrnr
10- WValtakis
11- WValtakis
12- WValtakis
13- WValtakis
14- 91bravo
15- 91bravo
16- ohen cepel
17- ohen cepel
18- mb>
19- mb>
20- mb>
21- mb>
22- mb>
23- MTM
24- MTM
25- Hackenslash
26- Hackenslash
27- Hackenslash
28- Dopic 1 (#2)
29- Dopic 1
30- bhyde
31- bhyde
32- John Sage
33- John Sage
34- stonproject
35- stonproject
36- danbot
37- blades&wrenches
38- blades&wernches
39- Oge14
40- Oge14
41- JohnWE (#1)
42- JohnWE
43- xzonin13
44- PWatkins
45- PWatkins
46- Silent H
47- Silent H
48- Silent H
49- Colorado
50- Colorado
51- Colorado
52- Molokairider
53- Molokairider
54- Hard Knocks
55- Stephen V (email me your forum name)
56- Stephen V (email me your forum name)
57- Christopher S. C. (email me your forum name)
58- palonej
59- craytab
60- b00n
61- mr2blue
62- hexenjager
63- hexenjager
64- Unwisefool
65- Unwisefool
66- empty5853
67- Ben Rumson
68- Ben Rumson
69- Ben Rumson
70- Makael
71- Makael
72- Makael
73- SilentH
74- SilentH
75- Howard Donahue
76- Howard Donahue
77- stonproject
78- stonproject
79- cmlndz09
80- cmlndz09
81- JJ_Colt45
82- JJ_Colt45
83- abbydaddy
84- abbydaddy
85- KingMC
86- KingMC
87- Colorado
88- Colorado
89- Colorado
90- blades&wrenches
91- blades&wrenches
92- s2man
93- s2man
94- Eisman
95- Eisman
96- Eisman
97- Eisman
98- Eisman (#3)
99- WValtakis
100- WValtakis

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear you're not doing great. I would like to participate. I will send you my entry this evening.

You're in my thoughts.

How do I do the PayPal? Would you message me your info so that I can buy a couple spots?

I'm in, hopefully things take a turn for the better :)

~Chip

Hey arskrg! Man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I've known you for years now and never even knew this! A couple of donations on the way...

-edit- Donations sent to you Adam! Wish you all the best in the world!

arskrg arskrg — I’ve missed communicating with you and the old bunch! I’m so sorry to hear about this. Smoke, prayers, and best wishes to you! I’ll send over the money for two slots shortly!

Edit: Funds sent!

arskrg I feel for you brother. My wife my wife had a very rare tumor the size of a pear one year ago yesterday. when she awoke from surgery she couldn't walk , spell her name, or pee for herself. She had to do 6 weeks of radiation for one hour every day six days a week but now she is back to work as a neonatel intensive care nurse and is doing great aside from some balance issues. The love of her job helped her in her recovery so from what I got out of this experience is that you need to stay positive and peruse something you love. It will help you take your mind off the hard things like waiting for test results. Thoughts and prayers go out to you on your full recovery.:thumbsup:

arskrg arskrg — I’ve missed communicating with you and the old bunch! I’m so sorry to hear about this. Smoke, prayers, and best wishes to you! I’ll send over the money for two slots shortly!

Edit: Funds sent!
Yeah, that other spot was a lot of fun for a good while.
I was just ranting about the silli way it all fell apart about a week ago in a FB group.

arskrg I feel for you brother. My wife my wife had a very rare tumor the size of a pear one year ago yesterday. when she awoke from surgery she couldn't walk , spell her name, or pee for herself. She had to do 6 weeks of radiation for one hour every day six days a week but now she is back to work as a neonatel intensive care nurse and is doing great aside from some balance issues. The love of her job helped her in her recovery so from what I got out of this experience is that you need to stay positive and peruse something you love. It will help you take your mind off the hard things like waiting for test results. Thoughts and prayers go out to you on your full recovery.:thumbsup:

Thanks, man. This one is pretty aggressive
It's a glioblastoma.
Same kind that killed John McCain, same kind that killed my mom about 2 years ago.
It's definitely not been a lot of fun, but I have tried to stay as positive as possible.

Yeah, it was a circus for sure. It was for the owners' entertainment and that place ain't nothin' like it used to be.

Back on topic, we will keep you in our thoughts. Our family has been touched by cancer just recently so I can semi-sorta feel what you are going through.

Yeah, that other spot was a lot of fun for a good while.
I was just ranting about the silli way it all fell apart about a week ago in a FB group.

Yeah, it’s a shame really.

I wish you all the best. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back