• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Raindrop Bunka and chef blade only - repost DT Damascus

timos-

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Rain Drop 1095/Ni steel from Devin Thomas. Stabilized Spalted Jatoba Octagon handle with marbled carbon fiber ferrule and G10 spacers.

The blade itself has 7" of cutting edge and 1/16" inch stock thickness. The distal taper starts about midway along the blade length.

I have finished the blade with dozens of etches and sand cycles. The finish is durable and not very reactive for 1095 steel. Price is $500. You can pay through paypal or mail a check. Shipping is included inside the United States. Let me know if you have any questions.

FnekvNH.jpg
l2fJvfY.jpg
H4abfqj.jpg
Y1PAU8i.jpg
Ab8ZFt2.jpg
vCyiouJ.jpg
bvQpU63.jpg
pHQfRYp.jpg

I also have a matching absolute laser chef profile in this steel. Its thin at 1.5mm (1/16th") stock thickness. If anyone is interested in the blade only let me know. It is not often you can find a finished devin thomas damascus blade only! It has some visible torch marks along the spine. It does not effect the performance at all, just the aesthetic. Darker etching would hide these marks but I am not so if it would increase drag/stickiness or not. NO LONGER AVAILABLE
aBR6qYm.jpg
UXVJ2l3.jpg

Last edited:
Just Beautiful!!! Especially that last big blade truly an Awesome piece. If I had that one I would just have to sit and stare at that overall beautiful pattern in your steel.

It has been very difficult to resist using them. I cant wait to see how a natural patina starts to show on the damascus. Im also very curious because I finished these blades differently than others in the past. Doint lots of 10 minute etches and sanding really built up a durable finish.

Whats the length and width of the blade with no handle?

Ok, this one is off the market...its about time i had a pretty knife of my own :) I will probably end up selling it used once i get sick of it but that may be awhile.

Back