Rainier/Rainier Scout Pass Around

The Hawks have arrived at my abode! :thumbup:

I have yet to look at them though, just the box. I'm waiting to be bailed out of jail. Apparently the Mail-lady thought I was stalking her instead of the package she was carrying. Small mis-understanding :eek: .

Leatherman, the perch worked! :thumbup:

:D ;)

Pics to follow

LOL!!! At least my mail person didnt press charges! :eek:

Its been a few days now! When is the Memorial day beer haze gonna wear off? I wanna see those hawks in action! :D

well, I've got to give a little here, my beerhaze hasnt worn off either, but at least its down to two of everything now, six of everything yesterday was beginning to freak me out! :eek:

Action pics coming soon. I bought a new digital camera and the pics are on it. It has a different memory card than the camera I was using so I have to get some usb cables so I can hook it up to the computer. I'm on it. :thumbup:

Suzanne,

I got a trip planned to West Virginia for some hiking from the 18th to 21st of June so if you can make sure the hawks don't ship to me on those dates, or actually if they got to me a little before that I could take em with and it would be perfect. Did you ship the minuteman yet? Thanks

oh, also I think i'm gonna hold up a little bit on sending the frontiersmen in seeing as it will take a week to send their a week back and time for you to work on it I may not have it back in time for my trip so unless you want me to send it now so the two can ship together I'll get it out to you by the end of the month

You can ship it back when you're ready and I can ship the two back to you together.

Pipe hawk pics should be up by Sunday. I'm taking the suggestions and keeping them plain like I used to do. I'll fancy one up and if someone wants it that way then they'll be custom and one at a time but otherwise they're curly maple handles, dark or light stain, heads set & drilled, handles drilled, completely functioning and light or dark wood end pin depending on the color of the handle. $99.00 each, in stock. Right now I only have 4 so keep that in mind guys! After these ship we'll have about 15 in stock but we're finishing up on the other hawks and then we have the knives to do. Chuck Bybee at Alpha Knife Supply is testing different woods for handles so that we can do the hawk handles and knife scales in matching woods. They're going to be beautiful and they'll have custom leather sheaths that hold the hawk and the knife together. Sets are: Frontierman with a 12" fighter and Rainier Scout with a 8" drop-point hunter. I'll post pics of the blades this weekend also.

NorthStarXO said:
You can ship it back when you're ready and I can ship the two back to you together.

Pipe hawk pics should be up by Sunday. I'm taking the suggestions and keeping them plain like I used to do. I'll fancy one up and if someone wants it that way then they'll be custom and one at a time but otherwise they're curly maple handles, dark or light stain, heads set & drilled, handles drilled, completely functioning and light or dark wood end pin depending on the color of the handle. $99.00 each, in stock. Right now I only have 4 so keep that in mind guys! After these ship we'll have about 15 in stock but we're finishing up on the other hawks and then we have the knives to do.

Christmas has come early this year!!! WOOHOO! I can't wait. I definitely want atleast one.

Thank you Suzanne! :thumbup: :cool:

Brody R. said:
Suzanne,

I got a trip planned to West Virginia for some hiking from the 18th to 21st of June so if you can make sure the hawks ship to me a little before that I could take em with and it would be perfect. Thanks

Ask and yee shall receive! And awaaaaaay they go! Their on their way to you Brody, shipped at a Quarter after 11 o'clock this morning (6-10-06). You should have them by the middle of next week. Have fun bro.

:D

Got the hawks in the mail today, they look great. I really like the big rainer, it feels great to throw and chops well. Handles kinda similar to the frontiersmen. The scout is a bit small for my tastes but that adds to portability and not being cumbersome, I could see it making a great belt axe on a camping trip or for breaking up kindling. I'll be taking some pictures of the two of them and my frontiersmen in west virginia and i'll post em when I get back so I should have a bunch posted up in a week.

Oh and by the way Suzanne, in regards to the e-mail I sent you about changing my mind, I may have changed my mind again. I gotta consider my funds and get back to you.

Just got home, West Virginia was a great time, truely a beautiful state. The tomahaws served well for a lot of stuff from chopping up firewood and kindling as well as throwing to more unusal things like opening up the hot dogs by the fire shaping a good grilling stick, and using the hammer pole to crush ice for kentucky mint juleps. I really like how the rainer chops, may need to pick one up some day. Gonna take some pictures of em in the woods tomorrow and post it (unfortunatly forgot to take some down their). Also Suzanne I need the name/address of the next person on the list. Definitly some fine axes.

Brody,

Just checking to see where we are on these. Did you pass them back on? If not, let me know and we'll get them to the next guy.

Updates are coming and again with apologies for lack of posting. There have been some huge delays & production issues but we're working to get everything and everyone back on track. There were some medical issues with Paul due to an injury but he's okay and now we've been working on some legal issues that hopefully will not only be cleared up but I'll be able to post the details after Tuesday the 1st. I'll keep everyone updated better but it's been a mess the past couple weeks.

Suzanne,

Yea I still have em, held em a bit too long which I apologize for. I've been real busy as of late as well. Send me the shipping information/name for whoever is next (unless their going back to you now) and i'll get the hawks out asap and post some pictures i took. I really enjoyed them and they came in handy on vacation, thanks.

Brody

Back