RAJ Kumar/ KAMI FUND DRIVE

My understanding of "playing hard to get" is that you pretend lack of interest in order to be pursued harder, whether by a potential employer, a love interest, or whatever.

I have no inside information here, but it appears that Rajkumar simply expressed a desire to go back to work for HI, and he will need travel/relocation expenses. Probably a one-time, up-front cost for HI to get him back. Since he has a family, the cost of relocation could be a significant amount by Nepal standards.

That was my understanding.

Ok - literal "hard to get" was out of line.
Kamis - family or not can be a hanful to deal with.
But I don't know any of them personally.

exactly david-- he went to work for uncle at prospects of better pay, better pay never happened and with better business auntie needs him more than ever-- so we just need to help get his family back to bir gorkha so he can go back to work for them, as he does not have the cash to relocate.

def not a playing hard to get thing, raj is like family to pala and auntie, they are helping out a clan member (by extension our clan member), auntie told me about this saying they were trying to get the money together to get him back, hence the kami fund drive when you add in the landslide issues with thamar and lok-- was all brought up because I asked for hilariously large sword.

not totally out of line, you did not get the email about his situation, its natural to assume ; as most people need money, the more the better, especially if you have a family, and raj is definitely talented and could command a premium if he wished( testament to that is he was doing jewelers work, which is very detail oriented)

totally fine man, you contributed to the cause, do not feel out of sorts about it :D-- we are here to help out raj and the rest of the great kami at HI, and we are more than happy to do so, even if it was about just a higher paycheck, I would still be here but I would say "bro needs mo money for his work" :D

You guys are killing me. Im trying to set aside enough money to eat with for the rest of the month. If you keep posting all these pics Im going to be boiling leather sheaths to make soup with by the 30th.

I thought myself driven and slightly (lol, none of my ex gf's would use slightly) ocd with my knives and desire for them........and then I met you guys. I look downright reserved.

Reserved is highly overrated. OCD and driven rules!

Agreed but OCD with an income to feed it is something. Things are tougher when you need to outcome your OCD in order to feed your family.

With all that's happening in the world right now, it's great to see people coming together to try and help someone who wants to try and have a better life for theirselves and their family.

Some more of Rajkumars work:

Bashpati:

Bonecutter:

Tibetan Long Sword:

Silver Mounted Carved handled AK with Dragon Carved blade:

Can't wait for Rajkumar to be back, and seeing his great work again!

one of the first things he will be doing is a 57 inch manjushree with a flat tip in the english mayoral executioner style :D-- dont know how long it will take but it will be ridiculous and hilarious.

one of the first things he will be doing is a 57 inch manjushree with a flat tip in the english mayoral executioner style :D-- dont know how long it will take but it will be ridiculous and hilarious.

Jeez...to chop what? The head off of an elephant? lol

snow just put in an order for one, customs can take a very long time but may as well get process started, may be sooner being a bonecutter-- my customs have to wait for raj kumar since he knows swords the best.-- and I always wanted an executioners sword because of a book series I read, then I found out about english mayors and german lords having these huge swords without tips that fucntioned to deliver medieval justice-- so I really wanted one made, it should never serve any purpose but to be on a wall, but if society collapses and i become a king, it will obviously be my symbol of office.

Psssst!...Hey sno!

Reminds me my first interactions with this forum when I wrote about what I thought of showcasing a cut bone besides a Bonecutter and having a small print saying it will void the warranty if bones are cut with it.
A year later and few thousand dollars of HI steel to brag about, I still think the same.

I'm also glad to hang around with you guys and contribute to this awesome community.

snow just put in an order for one

I think I did long time ago, I just don't remember when anymore.
I'm not even sure if Auntie declined the request during the hard times when she was no longer taking special orders.
I'll send a "reminder".

Thanks Gehazi

All good bro! Just hoping you get one! You waited long enough:thumbup: I can remember passing up one when I first signed on. Also missed a Spear Vala, Hasiya, Munk Chunk. and a few others. Never know how long you might have to wait so you gotta snag it when its there! You should send Aunti a reminder.

Too funny, I hope to add to mine shortly. I may have to trade the 20" that arrived today, im not In that good of shape. So pretty, it may just stay on my dresser.

Now that I think, I was in a bit of shock seeing my nephew. He shot up to 6'4" since last year. It would fit him nicely

Bumpin back up with a Kumar Karda by Rajkumar and a cool frog!
23d58f089d1d839973de647fc4eea41a

Gehazi has hit it pretty much spot on.
Caring for the workers, their families and the business can be trying at the best of times for Auntie and Pala....and any help you guys give to them is greatly appreciated all around. It is also basically what this forum is all about, we as family coming together to help each other whatever the circumstance.
I think Uncle Bill would be proud.

I hope you all know I really didn't want to shut down the other thread.
But, I also don't want to get this forum or myself in trouble with not complying with the rules of the site.
Believe me, I try my very best to moderate evenly, fairly and in the best interest of you all, HI and the site in general. It isn't always an easy task. It isn't always an enjoyable one. These things come with the territory.

I want you all to know that your friendship, patronage and helpfulness are very much appreciated and for the most part are what keeps me from completely losing my marbles some days.

When we get around to our HI Cantina remake of Casablanca, I'm voting for Karda for Captain Louis Renault.

I'm shocked ... shocked to find that gambling is going on in here.

Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects.

Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

;)

Back