RAJ Kumar/ KAMI FUND DRIVE

from my understanding ( yangdu had to leave town 3 days) we are doing really good. I can personally account for over 300 bucks I think ( just adding up the charity sales with a couple of 20 dollar donations I know went down)-- that does not count all the people who donated that I have no concept of, yangdu can tell us the total when she gets the chance-- as it is she is thankfully busy as can be with keeping HI up with demand.

:D
but yeah I think we may have done it, but I dont want to say for sure, as I am in no loop,just a fanatic customer.

:D
but yeah I think we may have done it, but I dont want to say for sure, as I am in no loop,just a fanatic customer.

Excellent! I hope you're right.

Btw, you're a generous fanatic customer.

the way I see it, they are pretty generous with us sharing this old world hand craft with people who could never touch such things otherwise-- HI is actually recommended on another forum that is all about antique and authentic ethnic weapons. plus I love the people here, and that's not really being generous that's just being part of the community of HI ; I really enjoy trading blades among fellow forum members and having the chance to buy old collections.( the last bit is my self interested reason-- the rest is just a nice place to be on the internerd and I am in an office a bunch)

Gelbu arrived safely bro! Nice blade! Love the grain marks in the horn. The handle is a bit longer than im used to but lets you choke up on it for tight work draw cutting etc. and when gripped near the end lets you get mindless speed. Really an ingenious design for a light blade. I suspect it is a very capable chopper as well. Very Khul Gehazi! Hats off to ya man! Now we all wait in anticipation for Rajkumars return:thumbup:

so glad to hear it got to you ndog, I hope all the other things in the pipes make it to their various elf destinations, and raj kumar makes it home!

Bumpin back up with a Kumar Karda by Rajkumar and a cool frog!
23d58f089d1d839973de647fc4eea41a

Sorry, the meaning of your post is lost on me. The knife is amazing. Does bumpin back up mean you are disgusted with it and want to give it to me? I want to thank you for your kindness and consideration. I thought you had forgotten my birthday (47 times) but this makes up for all of them.

Seriously, thats a really nice knive and sheath.

Sorry, the meaning of your post is lost on me. The knife is amazing. Does bumpin back up mean you are disgusted with it and want to give it to me? I want to thank you for your kindness and consideration. I thought you had forgotten my birthday (47 times) but this makes up for all of them.

Seriously, thats a really nice knive and sheath.
Thank you sir it is a nice blade. Its not quite as shiny now because it gets quite a bit of kitchen work and has developed a patina. Im kinda fond of this blade because its size is just perfect for my hands. They really are beasty blades for their size. I whacked up a 5 pound red snapper with it once but i could do much more.
Sorry Hawk I meant bumping this thread back up to the top of the thread list for attention. Mainly to keep the Kami Fund Drive alive.

So in a nutshell or a cantaloupe rhine, this means even though you've forgotten Hawks birthday 47 times your not gonna send him the KK?

Am I pretty much getting the gist or flow of your river as it were.

Hawk who? Me forget? No way (scrollin back) I think its.... 3/21 but im waiting for the 48th. Ill try to post an updated patinad pic tonite so hawk can see what hes looking forward to? Remind me later!

:D , hawks knows the HKIV already

Ok, I have so many names, acronyms, etc that im lost on. HKIV= Himalayan kukuri ? ?......envy? intravenous vihamana? ???

Lol, I kept looking at my blade, studying the marking, wondering what they meant. One stood out, crude next to the others. U. B., at first I thought it was the kami, but why so rough and amateurish compared to the rest? I thought to myself, wow, id think the kami would take so much pride that his mark would be a beautiful flourish. A long time passed, studied them again and again, before it dawned on me that it was a dotd and uncle ben also had the initials U.B. I laughed at myself that it took so long.

While im at it, what does kvluk stand for? How do you know which kami made your blade? And all the other details you guys put in your posts? One of the reasons I joined was because of all the details you guys provide, but when I went to the webpage, I could find no weights, thickness, kami, etc...i couldn't figure out how you had specific grip lengths or widths. How you would even begin to order those things. Some of the other websites had far more detail,ie, this grip is larger for western hands. I realize weights and lengths are only approx, due to each being forged by hand. In the end, I just asked auntie if she had any close to a certain size I was wanting. Of course, before holding one, its hard to decide which way to go.

So much info aaaaahhhhhhhhhh, im melting.

lol hawks we call the addiction to buying HI blades "HIKV" Himalayan Imports Khukuri Virus

KVLUK= Keshar lal villager utility knife KLVUK -- I always say kvluk too

UB= Uncle Bill founded this company and basically got this whole mood started, we all carry on in his name, making sure the kami get fair pay for great work! yangdu, or auntie is bill's wife, and her father Pala helps run HI-- Karda helps with things too, but its mainly forum work, but he will sometimes do sales as well,and you can count on him for info about HI.

Kumar Karda by Rajkumar and a cool frog!*

So guys, if I wanted this knife, but with a finger guard, forget the name (not top and bottom, just on the bottom, side with the edge. How long would it take, would that be custom or is it just on a page I havent seen?

orders are way up, but when auntie gets back , let things get settled then talk to karda or auntie about setting it up, it will take a loooong time, just because there is unofficial waiting list for customs, thats why we are all Deal of the day ( DOTD) sharks -( people who hunt deals of the day)

Dont feel bad hawk! We all had to go through the same thing. It is all worth it I can assure you! The UB like Gehazi said is for "Uncle Bill" and underneath that is the name of the factory where they are made (BirGorkha). Its written in Devanagari which is the native script in Nepal. The makers mark is written on the left side of the blade if you point it away from you with the spine up. Do a search in the forum for "Kami Marks" and much will come up. If you cant find it post a pic here and someone will identify it. Theres a bunch of great folk here that can help you with anything you want to know about Khuks. As far as Kamar Karda with a guard im not recalling anything at the moment in that length but then again i dont remember much anyway:D. You might be onto something that hasnt been done yet? Sometimes these ideas end up as regular products. Post some pics if you get a chance and well help figure it out. It was a 20" something I do remember that:thumbup:

Cool, thanks for the help.I should use the search function more, but I never have good luck. Too funny about the memory problems, it happens to me all the time. By the time funds/time clear up, im distracted by something else and months will go by before I remember. Especially with the search function, ill read something, have to research it to understand the context and never get back to the original search..........

Wait a minute..........thats how I landed on a kukuri in the first place. Lol, no idea what I was really looking for.

well, we are all here to help man, we love HI for very good reasons and you will find them out if you stick around. The people on this forum cannot be beat anywhere-- the level of civility, kindness and overall acceptance makes me feel downright comfortable, and willing to do almost anything to keep HI and its corner of the internet going strong.

we love new customers because it means more money for the people who deserve it and can use it-- the kami. Our respect for auntie and her small cadre of awesome people( karda, steely, steve, howard, pugs , bawanna,you guys always helpiing when you can; Iknow I missed some people but coffee only does so much good for me)(karda essentially does everything he does for HI purely out of love and respect) is what holds this place together and keeps the good energy going. So please do not hesitate to ask anyone to clear up something for you, I love to type and sit in an office :D so any questions I can half way answer and generally a smarter guy will come along and fine tune the statements. There is also no end to the good advice and friendly explanations you can find here about almost anything, our local service providers love HI as well and can do things like add sheaths or sharpen or try to fix damage ( in some cases).

basically hawk, dont feel strange, dont hesitate to post, we are all friends here, and respect abounds for all under auntie's roof.

Back