Rajkumaar's Fighting Sword and Amar Singh Thapa Knife for 8/19

That looks really really nice. Now we all have to come up with something to show ours in cause yours looks so good.

bought my goldmember can you see it yet?( that sounds awful, but yeah how llong until i can see my sub i bought for two years)

Last edited:
OK your almost the man!
Click link below and check Goldmember! Then "Update Display Group"

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Heres the actual destructions:
After you've paid for your subscription REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR USERGROUP in the control panel by clicking on the Group Memberships link.

bought my goldmember can you see it yet?( that sounds awful, but yeah how llong until i can see my sub i bought for two years)

Whooohoo! Gehazi's got a camera and a gold membership! Congrats!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO got the amaaaaar !!!! good buy , wish I had come up with cash quicker !

Last edited:
You have a very nice display there Bawanna! I love it! Good job on that! :thumbup:

(I'm a bit late with this, but better late then never!:))

Thanks, I was pretty proud of it till I saw gehazi's pile of sharp pointy things, then I kind of felt like an also ran ya know.

I got lots of plans for expansion, just them darn limitations messing with me. I'm planning to show my wife those pile pictures to let her know I'm not really that abnormal. Well maybe I am but we don't need to dwell on that with her ya know?

I will help everyone attain the glory that is my pile of knives -- just takes no kids and using all your spare money on knives

I did. Posted it in here. One or two days ago. Sorry. Can't wait to see it. Keeping checking my mailbox every few hours.

Good for you Jens, now we're all on pins and needles checking your mail box too. Can't wait to hear what you think of it when it's in your hand. Another one I'd love to hold in my hand for just a minute or maybe 4 hours.
Go check the box again would ya, I'll just wait right here till you get back.

seriously that was a great buy jens, I would have gone for it :D -- I hope its the first in a very long line for you.

I just checked my mail box, it didn't come here by mistake. Damn! I'm still here.

Thanks Gehazi and Bawana. Normally I wouldn't check that often but since I just moved here 2days ago I don't know when the mailman or woman is usually coming here. Will check again in an hour. Need to do some shopping (not chopping) then anyways.

Yesterday I had received the12 inch ang khola and the 16.5 chiruwa ang khola. Both blems.
The 12s handle is a bit small and the bottom of the handle pokes my hand. I have huge hands. I will just smoothen it with a file. The crack in the horn is not big. I will drill a hole on each side of the crack. That should reduce any remaining tension in the material and stop the crack from spreading. Then I will fill it with powdered horn mixed with epoxy and polish it after drying.
The 16.5 handle fits me very well. It has shrunken wood so that the metal tang contacts my skin. No problem but the tang has semisharp edges which might mess up my hand when using it for a long time. I might just round the metal or make some completely new scales. Might also add a little guard at the same time.

Both blades (my very first Kukris) handle exceptionally well. The 16.5 is better than any other knife of that size and weight. Normal knifes of that weight just slow me down. The Kukris too but their forward balance allows me to deliver more force. The angle of the blade feels very ergonomic and reduces strain on my wrist. Even stabbing works very nice. I feel because of the angle I can stabb with more force too. Of course the wider blades negates this because it penetrates less than a pointed dagger. Still these Kukris are way better at stabbing than I would have thought.
The maneuverability is out of this world too. I can strike downward and right away upwards again. Because turning the cutting edge into the direction of the movement is so easy and much better than my other knife of similar weight . Again it's probably due to the angle in the kukri that places the wrist at a more relaxed position to the rest of the arm and allows for an easier movement and change of directions.
Probably all things which everybody knew already. But since the two are my first Kukris I'm very excited and wanted to share a bit.

It's ok, it's like first child, or 2nd or 3rd far as that goes. Good to talk about it, be proud ya know.

Yesss. Our doorbell was ringing.
Noooo It was only the cable guy.
Mail was here too, I just checked, but no package.
Maybe tomorrow. :)
Anyways, more time to play with the Ang Kholas before Amar Singh comes home.

I'll second that! Right now I'm eagerly sitting at home (having gotten off work early) just for the hopes of a package.

Welcome to the family Jens

Back