Rambo: Last Blood

TAH

Gold Member
Did anyone see it over the weekend? It's at 26% RT and 85% Audience Score, which is perfect! :thumbsup:

I'm going this weekend with friends and family. Can't wait! :)

large_rambo-poster.jpg

i like it,seen one but it was listed only as stainless steel???
for steel type and $179.00,would have been nice if it was 154cm or something

Did anyone see it over the weekend? It's at 26% RT and 85% Audience Score, which is perfect! :thumbsup:

I'm going this weekend with friends and family. Can't wait! :)

large_rambo-poster.jpg
I read a synopsis and it sounds like a rehash of many other stories from The Searchers to Death Wish and countless Wolverine comics. Will there really be anything new or unique to recommend this film? I doubt it. As with the Star Wars franchise, I don't need another two hours of Rambo killing people in Rube Goldberg-esque ways. Enjoy your popcorn, though!

Zieg

I read a synopsis and it sounds like a rehash of many other stories from The Searchers to Death Wish and countless Wolverine comics. Will there really be anything new or unique to recommend this film? I doubt it. As with the Star Wars franchise, I don't need another two hours of Rambo killing people in Rube Goldberg-esque ways. Enjoy your popcorn, though!

Zieg

Like I said, where are all of the Rambo fans. :p:)

am guess there will be no lack
of interest and support for
what is touted to be the last
episode of rambo's outburst.
honestly dying to know if the newly
created kniives are going to be as
memorable as the legacy sawbacks...

No knife will ever be as iconic as the Lile knife, but I'm sure there will still be an interest in the new Pohl knives. I'm just excited to see Stallone back as Rambo. :thumbsup:

yeah! let the good times roll !!!
watching this one in the cinema
will not suffice.
i would seriously be thinking about
getting hold of a personal copy of the
movie in some form or other...
just running the best parts in a loop :)

Reactions: TAH

Zieg

Sounds like the precise reason Rambo is an international icon and a massive commercial success.

You realize all the things you mentioned as somehow negative is the very reason why tens of thousands of people around the world will pay money to see it.

You realize we go to see a Rambo movie to see a Rambo movie right?

Sounds like the precise reason Rambo is an international icon and a massive commercial success.

You realize all the things you mentioned as somehow negative is the very reason why tens of thousands of people around the world will pay money to see it.

You realize we go to see a Rambo movie to see a Rambo movie right?
I do realize it! You're right, of course. But the OP wondered about the lack of interest in the thread, so I chimed in. I think a lot of folks will enjoy the film, but I will be surprised if it does terribly well at the box office. I could be wrong, though. Again, enjoy!

Zieg

Didn't Liam Neeson do this already in Taken, and then Re-Taken, and then followed up by Taken Aback? :D

Not that I wouldn't want to see it (but I never seem to get around to watching a movie).

Didn't Liam Neeson do this already in Taken, and then Re-Taken, and then followed up by Taken Aback? :D

Yes, he did, but Liam Neeson only has "a particular set of skills", which limits him and is why people around him continue to be taken. Rambo's skills are unlimited. He'll get the job permanently done the first time. ;)

I saw it on Fri morning, it was okay.
I have to admit that I enjoyed it but First Blood was the first R rated movie I saw in the theatre when I was the young age of 7 and
I’ve been a fan since, even with Sly’s Stupid stance on guns.
He did a much better job wrapping up the Rocky Balboa character, but, Rocky is a different kind of franchise. He brought this one full circle, not in as touching of a way, but the way I’d like him to bring Rambo to a conclusion. I would’ve changed a bit of it but still enjoyed it a lot.
It’s no spoiler to say that he totally demolishes the cartel goons that come after him, not is it a spoiler to say that he does it in some gruesomely violent ways in a setting that is different from the standard fare. As entertaining as the destruction was, even with Stallone breaking out some old tricks from previous movies, it just didn’t “feel” like a Rambo movie to me- maybe the second time I see it will be different, that happens sometimes.
My opinion is that if you’re a fan that you should see it, just don’t expect the connection to the film that Stallone gave you with the wrap up of Rocky in the Creed films.

If you just want to see some people getting turned into human pretzels with a side of pink mist, this’ll be an entertaining movie for you.

Last edited:
I saw it on Fri morning, it was okay....
My opinion is that if you’re a fan that you should see it, ...
If you just want to see some people getting turned into human pretzels with a side of pink mist, this’ll be an entertaining movie for you.
ahh you're such a tease :)
now i know i'll have to bring along
a box of kleenex.
just thinking how watching the last
of the screen credits fad away into
darkness might prove to be
too much of an absolute finale
for any die hard fan to handle...

Reactions: TAH
ahh you're such a tease :)
now i know i'll have to bring along
a box of kleenex.
just thinking how watching the last
of the screen credits fad away into
darkness might prove to be
too much of an absolute finale
for any die hard fan to handle...
I especially enjoyed the final credits, it felt like a nice good bye and thank you to all of us old fans of the franchise.

I have the directors cut of First Blood. Classic movie. I've removed myself from Stallone the last few years. Ever since he was caught
With growth hormones and later his anti gun comments. Probably watch it on Firestick.

I have the directors cut of First Blood. Classic movie. I've removed myself from Stallone the last few years. Ever since he was caught
With growth hormones and later his anti gun comments. Probably watch it on Firestick.

I totally respect that opinion!
Since most of Commiewood shares Sly’s feelings the firestick is our main source of movies. I made an exception for this one because I saw the first one in the theatre and wanted to see the last one the same way.

Back