1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rambo: Last Blood

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by TAH, Sep 23, 2019.

1. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Ok now I have to watch it. I was done with Stallone. But Cartels getting wiped? Count me in!

I found out recently that the merc he portrays in the previous film in Burma or wherever is actually not far from reality in concept. There are guys that hire out to help aid groups in remote SE Asia. And that film seemed to get away from the fantasy Bowie knife stuff and more real world blade (OK having a Ma Deuce was pretty handy too!).

I’ll check it out expecting this won’t be Casa Blanca or Scicaro. But sounds fun!

2. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    So do I, but all I was asking was who saw the movie and what did you think.

3. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    Saw it today. I really liked it! Stallone gave an excellent performance and it was great to see Rambo back on the screen. I could go on with my thoughts, but don't want to spoil the movie for others.

Highly recommended! :)

South paw draw likes this.
  4. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Anyone got deets on the Rambo knife replicas on BHQ and Knife Center?

Who makes them? Are they any good?

5. Wizard1183

Wizard1183

Jul 20, 2014
    It’ll be the cheap shit. Similar to United Cutlery Rambo replicas. Probably 420J steel or a very cheap carbon steel. You pay to play. Pol-force offers CNC versions for $795

If you’re just wanting to look at it and a cheap conversation piece? Buy it. Just be aware it won’t be exactly like the originals

6. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Haven't seen it yet. But I will eventually. I'm a Sly fan.

off topic...my favorite Sly story...

during an interview several years ago...he was asked "what is your favorite Hollywood moment in your career?" He answered (paraphrasing) when I first started my career with "Rocky" ...and it was nominated for Best Picture, I was invited to a swanky Hollywood party. I was hesitant to go but decided I should...if I was gonna try to make it as an actor. Nobody knew me. Nobody even gave me the time of day. I was about to leave, when a sea of people parted. A large figure was making his way over to me. From across the room, John Wayne came up to me and shook my hand and said "Welcome to Hollywood, kid..."

willc, Cutfinger and TAH like this.
  7. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    "RAMBO LAST BLOOD"

Does this mean Rambo, John Rambo is kilt
    in or near the end?

8. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    You have to see the movie to find out if Rambo wears a kilt in or near the end. :p :D

Cutfinger and benchwarmer380 like this.
  9. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    DaRn ... Next Tambo movie will be a geriatric centurian Rambo fighting "the bad guys" from his wheelchair ...
    Do you suppose an ancient "indefeatable" Rambo and an ancient "indefeatable" Chuck Norris will battle to the death in the "end"?

10. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Without saying to much. I'm 48. I'll say this. If you remember what and who rambo was back then. Just go and see the movie you will not be disappointed.

11. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    We can only hope. :)

12. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Oops! I forgot to mention that super warrior McGiver. They just gotta put a old and senile Norris and Rambo up against a old and senile McGiver. (perhaps they'll give Rambo and Norris a chance and give McGiver dementia along with Alzheimer's, and he loses his SAK to TSA?)

13. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    That's quite the story line. Poor MacGyver can't even remember how to spell his name. :(