Rambo vs. Strider. Round #1

Discussion in 'Strider Knives Forum' started by Ralf, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Ralf

Ralf

Oct 11, 1998
    Ok, cutting up that little Cadillac and chopping on a Japanese kitchen knife was nothing. Here comes the real deal:

RAMBO VS STRIDER

[​IMG]

As you can clearly see, the Rambo knife cuts the Strider easily in half! [​IMG]

This should quite any rumors about Strider knives and "hyped" reviews once and for all.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited 10-10-2000).]

2. Joe Chen

Joe Chen

Dec 13, 1999
    Wow....Too bad for the Rambo.. [​IMG]

3. rfrost

rfrost Basic Member Basic Member

May 8, 1999
    Looks like the Strider has already made a few cuts into the edge of the Rambo...did they crank it all the way through?

------------------
    "They sicken of the calm, who know the storm."
    [email protected]

My Knives

4. Shrike9

Shrike9

Jul 7, 1999
  5. Brad Kenney

Brad Kenney

Dec 16, 1999
    Ralf just cut a nice knife? I would have traded you something, a nice piece of wood to whittle or something. If you're still angry at the Strider and don't want it, please send it to me. I'll let it have a more useful life. Like saving my bacon someday or cutting some bacon any day. <g>

Brad

6. Ralf

Ralf

Oct 11, 1998
    I would NEVER do that to one of my knives :O Especially in this case I would be afraid to summon the spirit of Rambo to take revenge on me. I leave this to more experienced people.

If I'm not mistaken, this test was done in house by the Strider-dudes. Maybe Mick can give some details...

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited 10-10-2000).]

7. Brian_T

Brian_T

Oct 7, 1999
    Ralf,

How could you be afraid of the spirit of Rambo when you've got Mick, Duane, and Cormac to protect you?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Brian_T
    [email protected]

8. lbwheat

lbwheat

Feb 24, 1999
    These guys should learn to play nice together and that way no one would get hurt.

------------------lbwheat A.K.A
    DIAMANTE LORENZO SASS #30148 SBSS #128

[This message has been edited by lbwheat (edited 10-10-2000).]

9. Cliff Stamp

Cliff Stamp Banned BANNED

Oct 5, 1998
    The blades used in the movies I think were custom jobs. I am not positive but I think Lile made the first one and that Hibben may have made the others. Les Robertson would probably know for sure. That one however is most likely not a custom as they are fairly expensive. I would bet it is a replica which are usually 420-J2 or the like, you can find them at most knife shops.

-Cliff

10. qwertyname

qwertyname

Oct 11, 2000
    A note on the movies ...
    I am quite sure that the knives used in the first two movies were customs made by Jimmy Lile, and the third was a custom made by Gil Hibben.

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the two knives apart, to see what the cut angle looks like - its my engineering side.