Rambo vs. Strider. Round #1

Ok, cutting up that little Cadillac and chopping on a Japanese kitchen knife was nothing. Here comes the real deal:

RAMBO VS STRIDER

stridertest1.jpg

As you can clearly see, the Rambo knife cuts the Strider easily in half!
biggrin.gif

This should quite any rumors about Strider knives and "hyped" reviews once and for all.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited 10-10-2000).]

Ralf just cut a nice knife? I would have traded you something, a nice piece of wood to whittle or something. If you're still angry at the Strider and don't want it, please send it to me. I'll let it have a more useful life. Like saving my bacon someday or cutting some bacon any day. <g>

Brad

I would NEVER do that to one of my knives :O Especially in this case I would be afraid to summon the spirit of Rambo to take revenge on me. I leave this to more experienced people.

If I'm not mistaken, this test was done in house by the Strider-dudes. Maybe Mick can give some details...

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited 10-10-2000).]

These guys should learn to play nice together and that way no one would get hurt.

------------------lbwheat A.K.A
DIAMANTE LORENZO SASS #30148 SBSS #128

[This message has been edited by lbwheat (edited 10-10-2000).]

The blades used in the movies I think were custom jobs. I am not positive but I think Lile made the first one and that Hibben may have made the others. Les Robertson would probably know for sure. That one however is most likely not a custom as they are fairly expensive. I would bet it is a replica which are usually 420-J2 or the like, you can find them at most knife shops.

-Cliff

A note on the movies ...
I am quite sure that the knives used in the first two movies were customs made by Jimmy Lile, and the third was a custom made by Gil Hibben.

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the two knives apart, to see what the cut angle looks like - its my engineering side.

Back