Randall dating?

Long time since I posted, got out of blades for a decade or so but could not help buying this randall....I know nothing about them. Any way you guys can date this thing?

Let me know if this is one I should keep safe because if not its going to go in the door panel of the 4runner to use for overlanding.
usNcuRL.jpg

wTqRiKI.jpg

Pg3sfT8.jpg

t13KoFl.jpg

ryd8JAc.jpg

What does the stone and back of the sheath look like?

Right now, it looks like an 88 - 94 period knife, based on the double row of stitching and the plain snaps.

Last edited:
I think you should just stick em in the car door...then lemme know where you park.

Nice knife. Cant help with the dating.

Thanks for the move, Frank.

OP, your knife was made between the late 1980's and mid 1990's ('87-'94) - hope that helps.

It's a solid knife for your intended purpose. The stainless steel spear-point blade with saw teeth were optional upgrades, and while a nice example of a knife made during that period, there's nothing rare about it to prevent being used as you see fit.

Welcome back. plz share future adventures. :thumbsup:

It’s a nice knife. Definite thumbs up on using it! Looking forward to some hard use pictures. Too many Randall’s in safes not enough out in the bush.

How long is the blade? Trying to figure out what model it is. I don’t think it’s a model 1. I’m thinking a model 16? with an optional double heavy guard and saw teeth.

Or maybe a model 14?

The top line of the tag says model 1? I didn’t see the next line that says model 14. If it’s a 7.5 inch blade it’s a 14. If the sheath says 14 that is what it is.

It looks a lot like the 16 dive knife for sure, but it would be a 7inch blade.

It’s a Model 14. I just noticed the low stone pocket; it’s probably pre-‘92.

Back