Randall Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all,

My father recently passed away with covid and had a small collection of 10 Randalls. 2 he had his name engraved, and 1 he must have bought second hand, as it had another person engraved on it.
Regardless of that, I was looking to identify and get a guesstimate on the value of them. I do not plan on selling them, however I want to add anything of value to my renter's insurance. He was also a gun collector (over 100), so I have a big task ahead of me.
Apparently, I'm also an idiot and can't figure out how to attach the photos. I press the icon and it's wanting me to share a URL. If anyone has suggestions (share email, or walk me through it here, etc.), I would be grateful.
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
DP

For insurance purposes I’d put a value of $650 on each. That should be in the general ballpark. You’d need a gold membership to go into detail on each.

Sorry for your loss. Good luck sorting it all out.

Don’t let anyone come in and cherry pick the guns or the knives. They will underpay for the good ones and leave the cheap ones.

You might want to post better pictures of each knife, and the front & back of each sheath. I didn't see anything off about the knives themselves, but several of the sheaths do not appear to be original. In particular most of the sheaths have plain silver snaps. I was thinking that they should have RMK snaps, but I'm not 100%.

You might want to post better pictures of each knife, and the front & back of each sheath. I didn't see anything off about the knives themselves, but several of the sheaths do not appear to be original. In particular most of the sheaths have plain silver snaps. I was thinking that they should have RMK snaps, but I'm not 100%.
Most are RMK sheaths, with the stamp. I just did that quickly. I'm learning from reading that the sheath is almost as important as the knife

I quickly took more pics. Kinda feels like I took the same pics lol...but if the sheath had a RMK stamp, I flipped it.
There is one knife I added that didn't have a RMK engraving...so not sure if it's a Randall or a knock off, but he did have it locked up with the rest.

Hi David,

You might want to take a few minutes to review Blade Forums 'Exchange' rules. Decide if you want to participate in accordance with those rules as a paid member, and if so, PM me once you have and I'll unlock your thread. Thanks.

With the appropriate level of membership, likely Gold in your case, you can post your photos here, ask about valuation, carry on back channel private conversations with others members about them, and if you so decide, offer them for sale or trade (free of any additional eBay type fees) in the appropriate Exchange sub-forum. Membership fees support the cost of maintaining Blade Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back