Randall Knives Reference Book - Proof Set

Melvin-Purvis

Temporarily Retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I've listed the proof set for my Randall Knives reference book on eBay, along with a signed copy of the book. I've never seen anything like this offered before, and not knowing how to price it, listed it as a ten day auction with a dollar starting bid. Have fun.

RBP-2.jpg RBP-4.jpg RBP-5.jpg RBP-10.jpg RBP-12.jpg

Amazing! I just started looking into Randalls and low and behold it turns out we have a world reknown resource here at blade forums and he is extremely generous in sharing his knowledge with us. Thank you Melvin-Purvis. You are a great resource for our community.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it was a fun project, something Edna and I did together. Just happy she was able to see it come to fruition. As to the sale, the buyer is happy, and that's what matters. :thumbsup:

I am not clear about the provenance here; are you, Melvin-Purvis and Mr. Sheldon Wickersham one and the same? I just purchased a copy of this book on ebay and hopefully will receive it in a few days; I am excited.

I already have my signed copy Sheldon and it has a special place on my bookshelf. I go through it often and think of our friendship. Best of luck passing on a piece of history and to whoever winds up with it, enjoy. :)

I am not clear about the provenance here; are you, Melvin-Purvis and Mr. Sheldon Wickersham one and the same? I just purchased a copy of this book on ebay and hopefully will receive it in a few days; I am excited.

Our very own Randall authority, and resident expert. :)

That would be me, one and the same. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you'll find it to be useful. :thumbsup:

Couldn't have done it without your help, Bart. Glad to see you're still kicking. ;)

That would be me, one and the same. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you'll find it to be useful. :thumbsup:
I bought a first edition of your book for $260.00 in perfect condition yesterday on eBay. Amazon wants $1,300+ for the same book. I think buying 20 or so of your books when they were first published might have been better than stock inApple. Terrific book

It sounds like enough interest in the book to justify a new print run. What's up with that? Let's get on that publisher!

Back