Randall Model 10-5 re-handle--- Completed!

Yes. The larger nickel silver piece on the left is sized for a double guard, but I am not so sure a knife this thin would make a good fighter model. Will decide later.

Yes. The larger nickel silver piece on the left is sized for a double guard, but I am not so sure a knife this thin would make a good fighter model. Will decide later.

Personally, I think a single nickel hilt would look quite classy on the 10-5.

Some like this were made as custom orders for RMK dealers in the know; there weren't many. This one had elephant ivory scales. I bought it on a midnight eBay BIN a few minutes after it was listed for $125, later sold it for $1100. Super rare, one of a kind. There are so few legit variants that altered knives really stand out. Have fun, it's an easy mod, but if you ever let it go, make sure the buyer knows you did the work. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

10-5CS1.jpg

Mine will be hidden tang, so not quite so easy as gluing on scales. Had not seen the pic you posted. Nice. Couple other pic's I have found. Appears the tangs on these knives below were not narrowed. Can't figure what they used for shoulders for the guard to rest on before soldering. Not that you must have shoulders.
10-pic-5-600x496.jpg model-10-pic-9xx.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing it finished. My opinion it has the thumb notches already so it should have a single guard.

Back