Randall Sheaths

I have the original Model 14 sheath I got with the knife in 1970, and a Bee's Waxed one I bought in 1985 when I went back to Okinawa/SE Asia. The are virtually the same except for one difference. To read the "Randall Made Knives Orlando Fl" on the 1970 sheath, you hold the sheath horizontal, with the tip of the sheath facing to the right. To read the same logo on the 1985 sheath, you again hold the sheath horizontal, but with the tip pointed to the left. Is there any significance to this? Thanks. John

"Is there any significance to this?" Maker's prerogative...

It’s probably just random. Flip the sheath over and stamp it. Or maybe they had a left handed guy doing the stamps for a while.

If you’ve ever worked in a production job. Some things are critical, some things are not. Some things QC (quality control) care about and some things they don’t. If QC doesn’t care about a detail the guy on the line doesn’t either.

In 1970 Maurice Johnson was the sole maker of leather sheaths for the Randall Shop; in 1985, his son, Johnny was working at Johnson Leather full time, and had, or was in the process of taking over operations there.

Back