Random picture thread - on the lighter side of things.

Scott Hanson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
About a year and a half ago my wife got my son a pet cat. Well the cat's name is Star, and she can be pretty annoying at times and one of the thing she likes to do is jump up on my desk and right on to the key board of my computer and start chasing the curser arrow around. So my solution, I trained her to sit like a parrot on a pirates shoulder while I'm at the computer, so far so good, I've been having a lot less trouble with her helping me type stuff I don't want.
part0.jpeg

Long story short Mel ordered some sexed chicks since we usually hatch too many roosters, and she liked the poof headed breed they had. Anyways, 17 chicken deaths later, three made it out of the post office. The overnight shipments took 3 days the first time and when they offered a replacement, it took 4 days to arrive from Minnesota, all dead.

One of the survivors came straight out of the 80's.
11433-01.jpeg

You asked for Random!:D

Long story short Mel ordered some sexed chicks since we usually hatch too many roosters, and she liked the poof headed breed they had. Anyways, 17 chicken deaths later, three made it out of the post office. The overnight shipments took 3 days the first time and when they offered a replacement, it took 4 days to arrive from Minnesota, all dead.

One of the survivors came straight out of the 80's.
View attachment 1300025

You asked for Random!:D
My dad used to raise chickens and had the same problem. Too many roosters, needless to say we were always welcome to come over for a good home cooked Chicken dinner.

My cat used to sit parrot like on my shoulder while I was "dispensing wisdom" - you know what I mean :confused: :D No photos though to support this mental imagery :thumbsup: ;)
My cat used to sit parrot like on my shoulder while I was "dispensing wisdom" - you know what I mean :confused: :D No photos though to support this mental imagery :thumbsup: ;)
I didn’t have much choice but to train it to sit on my shoulder, either that or let it attack my computer.lol

this is me getting some help deer hunting a couple years ago.
15337510_10154734552374603_2578799179412883056_n.jpg

I had an unwelcome intruder at my rental property, something squirrel or raccoon tore a bunch of shingles off my roof and chewed a hole through the wood on the roof.
IMG_2004.jpeg IMG_2005.jpeg

A mad attempt a self isolation, no doubt. Sorry Brother - there's always something to do and then there's more :( Still - more animals in this thread :)

Worst part of it is my home owners insurance doesn't cover it, unless it was damage by a deer. pretty unlikely it was a deer though. Oh well I was planning on re-roofing it this year anyhow.

Worst part of it is my home owners insurance doesn't cover it, unless it was damage by a deer. pretty unlikely it was a deer though. Oh well I was planning on re-roofing it this year anyhow.

So you're covered for any damage caused by Santa?

Need to re-roof my shed this year

I had an unwelcome intruder at my rental property, something squirrel or raccoon tore a bunch of shingles off my roof and chewed a hole through the wood on the roof.
View attachment 1303859 View attachment 1303860

I would bet money on squirrels - they are destructive little buggers.

Years ago, when I worked in cable, I had a lot of memorable calls. One of them was a call to a home with no service. I rolled up to a brand new house in a nice neighborhood and thought to myself, "This ought to be easy". Usually no service in new residential neighborhoods either meant equipment failure or disconnect in error.

Well, long story short, I head up to her attic where her distribution system was located after confirming that the house was connected properly. It was a walk-in attic and one of the first things I noticed was a lamp and a telephone that were sitting amidst a pile of boxes and such - everything had been chewed to crap. As that was registering, I kept hearing noises above my head and when I finally caught sight of what it was, I realized it was a pair of squirrels. I further noticed that there were peanut shells EVERYWHERE.

I ask the homeowner, "Did you know you have squirrels in your attic?" - She responds somewhat sheepishly and said that not only did she know but she also had been feeding them....

All the wiring in her attic, including her electrical had been chewed down to bare copper. Everything she had stored in there was practically destroyed as well.

So yeah, I don't have much fondness for squirrels. I hope you get things sorted soon, Scott, and that the damage is as minimal as possible - make sure you check your wiring in the attic while you are at it...

I would bet money on squirrels - they are destructive little buggers.

Years ago, when I worked in cable, I had a lot of memorable calls. One of them was a call to a home with no service. I rolled up to a brand new house in a nice neighborhood and thought to myself, "This ought to be easy". Usually no service in new residential neighborhoods either meant equipment failure or disconnect in error.

Well, long story short, I head up to her attic where her distribution system was located after confirming that the house was connected properly. It was a walk-in attic and one of the first things I noticed was a lamp and a telephone that were sitting amidst a pile of boxes and such - everything had been chewed to crap. As that was registering, I kept hearing noises above my head and when I finally caught sight of what it was, I realized it was a pair of squirrels. I further noticed that there were peanut shells EVERYWHERE.

I ask the homeowner, "Did you know you have squirrels in your attic?" - She responds somewhat sheepishly and said that not only did she know but she also had been feeding them....

All the wiring in her attic, including her electrical had been chewed down to bare copper. Everything she had stored in there was practically destroyed as well.

So yeah, I don't have much fondness for squirrels. I hope you get things sorted soon, Scott, and that the damage is as minimal as possible - make sure you check your wiring in the attic while you are at it...
Well now that I look at it my guess is it most likely was wind damage, I'll have to talk to the roof when he come over to look at it.

Back