Random Thought Thread

This is my blue healer who was the best pet we ever had.

37663844141_0c9bc94b96_m.jpg

He was a bit of a terrorist when he was a puppy though! He would jump up and pull clothes off the washing line and then chew them to shreds. So I hung up a few rags dipped in some hot chilli sauce, and he never touched any more clothes after that!

OK I'm familiar with heelers. She's a good looking dog. I wouldn't have pegged her breed. She seems much more slender than heelers I've seen before. I definitely understand the crazy part. My uncle and a few friends have, or have had them. Smart, loyal dogs. But they make you crazy at times lol.

Yeah she’s probably the runt of the litter because she’s only 31 pounds.
They are great dogs though!

That's just awesome !!! Soooooo cute too
Ahhh just a little time and I'm sure you'll see some calmer times :)
But great looking dog :)
I bitch about her craziness a bit but I kinda like it!
She definitely keeps me on my toes and I’m in better shape because she loves walks.
This is my blue healer who was the best pet we ever had.

37663844141_0c9bc94b96_m.jpg

He was a bit of a terrorist when he was a puppy though! He would jump up and pull clothes off the washing line and then chew them to shreds. So I hung up a few rags dipped in some hot chilli sauce, and he never touched any more clothes after that!
That’s a good looking Heeler bud!
That’s a great idea with the chili sauce. I should’ve tried that when mine went through her flip flop chewing faze.

I may have gone a little overboard with my "linear consumables" stash on my bag o' crap ;)

Whipped this up today out of some scrap aluminum, carbon fiber rod, and an RC helicopter tail boom :)

Screenshot_20171013-132929.png

The spacers are all adjustable...
Screenshot_20171013-132946.png
All loaded up...
Screenshot_20171013-132955.png
Left to right we have: 2" double sided duct tape/2" Gorilla tape/2" packing tape/1" Gorilla tape/Teflon tape/electrical tape/1.5mm braided cord/1" Gorilla double sided tape/Mason twine/hockey grip tape/Kevlar thread.

~Chip

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't have all the facts, but he was accused of trying to cheat a maker. When he was called out and didn't respond he got the boot. I would like to have heard his side of the story, but he had a chance to respond and didn't, which doesn't look good. From where I'm sitting it looks like he had some buyers remorse and didn't handle it in an appropriate way. He's a young man and may have made an impetuous decision. But this forum does not take well to abusing knifemakers. It's hard to form a perfect judgment without all the facts, but based upon the information presented it seems to me he crossed the line.

Regardless, he was a regular here and this was an unfortunate turn of events.

Agreeing 100% with Nathan. Behind the scenes and through the PM system we had some friendly yet frank communications whereby I had warned him that he was skating on some thin ice, with regards to some past episodes. I felt that he understood and also he was on his way of building up his social capital by way of helping folks on here through proxying, which he had previously diminished by his own doing and his own impetuous actions. When one is very young in life and dabbling in a hobby which can become expensive if one let's the hobby to take over all matters of discipline, very bad decisions can be made.

Like Nathan had said, Luke had the opportunity to go to that GB&U thread to present his case and his own set of events / circumstances. Nothing wrong with a dose of reality by shaming oneself to admit that hey, "I fooqued up by biting a much bigger chunk than I could chew, I intended to flip the said knife or package it up with something else and it backfired on me / lost my buyer, etc... So I panicked and took the stupidest action which came to mind... I am very, very sorry for this, I wholeheartedly feel remorseful and with the utmost apologies to Ben to whom I will retract the claim, I must take a step back to internalize, take some time off the Forums / knife buying and I will decide to come back if/when healthy of mind when I know I will not be damaging myself and more importantly sullying someone else's great reputation..."

I think that the Supers would have given him a couple of months off to reflect, but like this??? If you read this Luke, I hope that you work on the issues which tend to demonize you. We all have those, but must work on the approaching them in good conscious! Good luck to you Lukey.

Bacon has done well flipping CPK and a couple other odds and ends.

He picked up that dagger from IG. Well, anyone who follows Ben knows his secondary market pricing is notably lower than original sale in most cases.

Looks to me like he made an impulse purchase with hopes to flip it like everything else, couldn’t, which anyone who knows Ben’s work could’ve told you, and tried to prevent taking a loss on it in an unethical fashion.

Not the first and won’t be the last. Just as many sellers out there continuously selling with massively optimistic descriptions.

He’s played the “I need cash now!” card many times as well.

So l’m not trashing him here, this is part of the hobby. I’m just pointing out what I think happened and I’d be willing to bet money on it.

^Justin, let me suggest that your comments about Ben's secondary market pricing are much more a function not of Ben's work but of Asian-inspired, American-made custom blades in general. Unless they are seriously top of the market, they do not usually hold initial value as well other styles.

^Justin, let me suggest that your comments about Ben's secondary market pricing are much more a function not of Ben's work but of Asian-inspired, American-made custom blades in general. Unless they are seriously top of the market, they do not usually hold initial value as well other styles.

Oh I agree Bob. Not bashing Ben at all. One of his cool little pieces get used at my house almost daily.

Simply stating that the knife Bacon bought, was not gonna flip for a profit like the CPK he’d been dealing with.

Justin, I didn't think you were at all. Just seeking clarity for anyone looking on and reading this. I'd actually be surprised if you and I had differed.

Back