Random Thought Thread

So it looks as if my router is not explicitly listed as being vulnerable to KRACK unless it is placed in bridge mode (a feature I use in a second router). I didn’t want to fallback from DD-WRT to OEM firmware....

I can't wait to show you all what's coming...not CPK related, but a couple of long awaited collabs with people you might have heard of that're known for crushing metal into beautiful cutting objects. Sorry, no hints! But I'll share photos once we're done :)

Crushing metal into cutting objects? So not stock removal, but forging? Forged collabs?

I felt that he understood and also he was on his way of building up his social capital by way of helping folks on here through proxying, which he had previously diminished by his own doing and his own impetuous actions. When one is very young in life and dabbling in a hobby which can become expensive if one let's the hobby to take over all matters of discipline, very bad decisions can be made.

Damn. I hate that he did this. I know he had a rocky road here recently, but I had dealt with him for a long time without a hitch. I took the recent stuff that we saw as him being young and also maybe hitting the drink too hard. I was really hoping he was getting things figured out, but I condemn what he did/is doing to Ben in the strongest terms possible.

Luke, if you read through here, understand that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. We've all got our demons, but it's the way we deal with them that matters. I think deep down you know that what you're doing to Ben is wrong. It's not too late for you to drop your dispute, and that would be the first step back in the right direction.

David

I can't wait to show you all what's coming...not CPK related, but a couple of long awaited collabs with people you might have heard of that're known for crushing metal into beautiful cutting objects. Sorry, no hints! But I'll share photos once we're done :)

Will be looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Luke had the steel monkey on his back.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that many of his knives he sold at steep discounts from what he paid.

He was probably a few grand in the hole overall in his short tenure here with his horsetrading. It's easy to say, "Well he was stupid for doing that." That's defensible and popular when others are speaking of him lately. But I'm kinda sad that he felt like he had to do that.

And he was well on his way to taking a pretty good beatdown on the Tendick...but alas, no one bit, and he got desperate-- did something rash and foolish, and is now suffering the consequences. So be it.

Anyways, I always got the vibe that the kid was one bad deal away from bankruptcy. I have no idea of his means, but it was fairly obvious he'd have to offload a blade to get back in the game on another.

And the funds were always burnin a hole in his pocket chasing that steel dragon. From where I sat, it looked unsustainable.

He's taking a beating all over BF-- mostly deserved...but some folks are piling onto the kid <not here on CPK sub>. He's young and full of beans, but like David, I found him to be friendly, good-natured, and kind. He had that in him. I'll miss him.

I've deliberately used junkie imagery in describing Luke...not because I think he's on dope and that's what pushed him to go over the hill. I don't think he's on the hard stuff.

But he's like me, and most of us here-- he's strung out on the REAL HARD STUFF, like 58-62HRc...INFI & DELTA 3V.

My name's Ron ... and I'm a STEELAHOLIC...

Luke had the steel monkey on his back.

I KNOW FOR A FACT that many of his knives he sold at steep discounts from what he paid.

He was probably a few grand in the hole overall in his short tenure here with his horsetrading. It's easy to say, "Well he was stupid for doing that." That's defensible and popular when others are speaking of him lately. But I'm kinda sad that he felt like he had to do that.

And he was well on his way to taking a pretty good beatdown on the Tendick...but alas, no one bit, and he got desperate-- did something rash and foolish, and is now suffering the consequences. So be it.

Anyways, I always got the vibe that the kid was one bad deal away from bankruptcy. I have no idea of his means, but it was fairly obvious he'd have to offload a blade to get back in the game on another.

And the funds were always burnin a hole in his pocket chasing that steel dragon. From where I sat, it looked unsustainable.

He's taking a beating all over BF-- mostly deserved...but some folks are piling onto the kid <not here on CPK sub>. He's young and full of beans, but like David, I found him to be friendly, good-natured, and kind. He had that in him. I'll miss him.

I've deliberately used junkie imagery in describing Luke...not because I think he's on dope and that's what pushed him to go over the hill. I don't think he's on the hard stuff.

But he's like me, and most of us here-- he's strung out on the REAL HARD STUFF, like 58-62HRc...INFI & DELTA 3V.

My name's Ron ... and I'm a STEELAHOLIC...

Well put Ron whom I used to call Pete up to this point! My name's Mat and I used to be a half junkie... 61-62 HRC D3V, but I think the 64 HRC 4V will turn me into full on steel-junkie... What the heck?! I also have Nathan's 3V, Elmax, D2... Sigh, I'm also a full blown JUNKIE!!!

For the astronomy and science geeks among the congregation:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...gravitational-gold-in-colliding-neutron-stars

Basically two neutron stars 130 million light years away from Earth (neutron stars are very small in the grand scheme of the Universe, i.e, each the size of a big U.S. City such as say Boston but more dense than our own Sun!!!) which were circling each other for about 11 Billion years collides about 130 million years ago as the Gravitational wave detectors on Earth alerted the astronomers and the scientists of a cataclysm on August 17th, 2017. Such an event had never been witnessed before but it had been theorized many times in the past (gravitational waves were hypothesized by Albert Einstein about a century ago and the math had backed up the hypothesis). Anyhow, the astronomers studying this cataclysm witnessed through telescope imagery that these two stars having smashed into each other at about 1/3 of the speed of light created a spatial debris field approximately in the size of our own Solar System which include precious metal elements such as Gold and Platinum within this debris field. The amount of gold element is estimated to be about 200 x of our own Earth's mass and the platinum yielded about 300 times the Earth's mass!

For those of you who aspire to make your own spaceships to go and mine / harness all that Au and the Pt, the kinda bad news is that stuff should still be highly radioactive :p

For those of you who aspire to make your own spaceships to go and mine / harness all that Au and the Pt, the kinda bad news is that stuff should still be highly radioactive :p

By the time I get there, mine it and get back - I think it will be good to go. I'm going for it!
I hope Earth is still here when I get back- or it will have been all for naught.

For the astronomy and science geeks among the congregation:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...gravitational-gold-in-colliding-neutron-stars

Basically two neutron stars 130 million light years away from Earth (neutron stars are very small in the grand scheme of the Universe, i.e, each the size of a big U.S. City such as say Boston but more dense than our own Sun!!!) which were circling each other for about 11 Billion years collides about 130 million years ago as the Gravitational wave detectors on Earth alerted the astronomers and the scientists of a cataclysm on August 17th, 2017. Such an event had never been witnessed before but it had been theorized many times in the past (gravitational waves were hypothesized by Albert Einstein about a century ago and the math had backed up the hypothesis). Anyhow, the astronomers studying this cataclysm witnessed through telescope imagery that these two stars having smashed into each other at about 1/3 of the speed of light created a spatial debris field approximately in the size of our own Solar System which include precious metal elements such as Gold and Platinum within this debris field. The amount of gold element is estimated to be about 200 x of our own Earth's mass and the platinum yielded about 300 times the Earth's mass!

Well that is a task for a Von Neumann Probe if ever I heard one. Should be plenty of material to make more ships, and they can fly that good stuff back to us on their own :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_spacecraft

Well that is a task for a Von Neumann Probe if ever I heard one. Should be plenty of material to make more ships, and they can fly that good stuff back to us on their own :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_spacecraft

By the time I get there, mine it and get back - I think it will be good to go. I'm going for it!
I hope Earth is still here when I get back- or it will have been all for naught.

In reality, there are already some startups which are working on exploring, mining and excavating astroids and comets in our own Solar system. I was watching a science program whereby they were claiming that the first and the next batch of the "trillionaires" will most likely be from those who mine space ice & rocks.

I mean, why travel 150 million or so light years (give or take a couple) only to find out that all that Au / Pt space dust has not coalesced into precious metal nuggets yet, whereas we may already have some gems formed in most likelihood in our own Solar backyard? :D

8521c7577f8efb447f117af6f60dd644.jpg

Would anyone want to proxy for me for BC? I'm gonna list a few blades up to help fund this beast!

Back