Random Thought Thread

FK. Hands down. HDFK is growing on me, but it’s too big for daily carry. Love my choppers, but still prefer the FK.

If we were in a completely rural type of setting > 90% of the time while out and about, then definitely the HDFK would be on my belt and a folder in my pocket. If I lived out on a ranch with closer proximity to the workshop, barn, etc; then the FK.

If it were during the zombie apocalypse, I would carry my double edge Shiv for better Skull penetration. :cool:

You sure about this? I always thought chopping/slicing wounds to the neck were better for the undead. When stabbing the reverse motion to pull the blade out may slow you down, wasting precious seconds. YMMV, but please reconsider, as there is a lot riding on this choice.

:D

For you collectors that own/have owned several CPK's, do you have a favourite?

I have my D2 EDC on me every day but I don’t think I could nail down a favorite of the ones I have/had. I would agree with Justin on the FK just because the HDFK is too big to carry around outside of the woods for the most part. I love them all and if there could only be one I couldn’t choose.

I agree that the FK is a great size and versatile knife. But in Aus we cant edc knives so it all comes down to home usage and woods/hikes. The hdfk is perfect for that. Such a great one tool option. The handle is super comfy.

I traded my FK off to ebp who is a good friend (via the web) of mine. I did not enjoy its grip/handle personally. The hdfk on the other hand, is probably the best knife i've ever handled.

For you collectors that own/have owned several CPK's, do you have a favourite?

The choppers, to include the LC, BC, HC, the and HDFK. But if you are talking about Carothers knives in general, it would be the Dagger, hands down, then the Shiv.

The choppers, to include the LC, BC, HC, the and HDFK. But if you are talking about Carothers knives in general, it would be the Dagger, hands down, then the Shiv.

I am going to deduct 3 brownie points from you for grandstanding and showing off :p

For me it’s the FK.....probably because it’s the only CPK I own thus far :p

I really hope my NASK preorder ships soonish:D

For me it’s the FK.....probably because it’s the only CPK I own thus far :p

I really hope my NASK preorder ships soonish:D

I think that they've been getting about 20 or so units ready to ship for those preorders at a time. I just looked up the thread and seems that your toward the bottom of that 2nd phase, as the first phase of the 20 or so were shipped out 9/21 to 9/26. You'll love it when you get it ;)

We're getting ready to start sharpening a batch of HDFK for the preorder this afternoon. There will be a batch ship next week. :thumbsup:

They used to say, "Don't buy a car on a Monday after they play in Detroit." So, based on you and Mark "Drinking sometimes on a Friday afternoon", should we avoid buying a knife sharpened on a Friday afternoon? :D

We're getting ready to start sharpening a batch of HDFK for the preorder this afternoon. There will be a batch ship next week. :thumbsup:
Excellent, hopefully mine are in that batch as ole smokepole season starts November 4, would love to try out this knife.

Gonna be some happy campers in the next week or two anyhow!:thumbsup:

Back