Random Thought Thread

^ you were not at liberty to post my image without my prior permission :mad:

P.S. I'm the clean(er) cut one :p

Sleeping Caesar is cracking me up :)

Sleeping Caesar
hxq6XYxl.jpg

Awake Caesar
btgGgzll.jpg

Blew the rear in the 7.3. My buddy’s new Duramax is pulling me to get it rebuilt. This week gets better and better.

View attachment 791705

That really stinks, no chance of finding one in a yard and just swapping them ?
I hate differential and manual trans rebuilds. I've only had a couple times the luck of finding someone who could set them up correctly.
Best of luck , hope it's something rather simple.

Dam bro, didn't you just get that thing?

Sure did. I knew it would need work just not this much.

That really stinks, no chance of finding one in a yard and just swapping them ?
I hate differential and manual trans rebuilds. I've only had a couple times the luck of finding someone who could set them up correctly.
Best of luck , hope it's something rather simple.

What I fear with junkyard rears is that I’m gonna put 5k on it and then it’s gonna grenade itself and I’ll have to pay to have it rebuilt anyway. The guy doing it used to work for my uncle and rear ends, transmissions, and transfer cases are his specialty.

My sister is getting married next month and she wants me to officiate her marriage. I already know I'm going to make a mess of it, I cried like a baby when I did my best man's speech for my little bro but I don't give a whit of a bit of chit about making an ass out of myself in front of a bunch of people who either know me well enough to not care or people I don't care about. So I don't care about that much but I started the process to get myself able to officiate the ceremony and it feels weird. I'm not a regular church goer by any stretch of the imagination but spending $15 to get myself ordained into the Universal Life Church just seems messed up. It should be a trial by combat process where I have to go in a cage match with a rabid rabbi named Tito and earn the privilege if I survive.

On one hand I think it's sweet that my little sister wants me to be the non-secular arbiter of her marriage, on the other hand I think it's messed up to ask an agnostic cynic to give their blessing to a ceremony heavily laden with faith. Not that it matters, it's not like I can tell her no. I should just focus on what title I want. I was thinking 'Grand High Poobah Dan' but I'd make a sweet 'Yoda Grog' also.

^ don't be such a big pansy, so put on your big boy pants and go for it. Your beliefs or lack there of are irrelevant as long as you don't go militant trying to convert everyone to come over to your corner of the Universe. It's a wedding so it will hopefully turn out to be a blissful and happy event for the happy couple and also a memorable one for all the invitees. Just remember, pics or it didn't happen because it'd be funny to see that melon sized dome of yours adorned with a little yarmulke :D

I'm wearing a Star Wars T-shirt and a flannel and if anyone disapproves they can suck it. My sister's marrying a dull fatboy but I actually liked my previous bro-in-law so maybe I shouldn't worry about my perceptions. He sure can't be worse than the previous D-bag. I don't want to make anyone feel insecure so I won't be sticking a yarmulke on my nugget.

-Sweet Yoda Grog

Sure did. I knew it would need work just not this much.

What I fear with junkyard rears is that I’m gonna put 5k on it and then it’s gonna grenade itself and I’ll have to pay to have it rebuilt anyway. The guy doing it used to work for my uncle and rear ends, transmissions, and transfer cases are his specialty.

Hey that's the way to go if you have someone like that, and that's great !! :)
While it's out you going to beef it up ? On my GN's rearend I ran a TA cover. The cover had pre load bolts built in, they kept the internals from moving about. A lot of my friends run those mag-tec covers for extra capacity and magnet filter, running amsoil or redline.

I can understand that. When I bought my 05 Duramax new, I put a Banks stainless exhaust , air cleaner kit on it but that was it. At 500 miles everything but engine switched to amsoil, engine 3,000 miles. I just want it to have a loooooonnnngggg life :) so far so good. Plus I love that stanadyne fuel treatment, works great. But my friend with a 6.0 uses Hot Stuff and has very good results. Anyway I have my old firebird if wanna go fast I'll build that not my truck :)

I'm wearing a Star Wars T-shirt and a flannel and if anyone disapproves they can suck it. My sister's marrying a dull fatboy but I actually liked my previous bro-in-law so maybe I shouldn't worry about my perceptions. He sure can't be worse than the previous D-bag. I don't want to make anyone feel insecure so I won't be sticking a yarmulke on my nugget.

-Sweet Yoda Grog

I vote pasta strainer

I second that vote! A good friend officiated my wedding. He showed up on way too much Xanax and stumbled through the process. Groans and outright boos could be heard throughout the crowd. A memorable point in a rather unremarkable ceremony (kept to under 15 minutes for the express benefit of our guests) that still brings us chuckles to this day. grogimus grogimus : You could be the highlight of the wedding!

Back