Random Thought Thread

Today's work carry, well pretty much every days work carry actually.
WazHfC6.jpg

Ooh, I like "C3." You could get a 4V C3, or a D3V C3... and if it was a racing C3 it could be a D3V C3R! It is like a Droid name on Star Wars... Oh snap! if there was say, a Carothers Competition Chopper Polished Option it could be a C3PO!
I like C4 better because this knife is going to be explosive! Carothers Champion Comp Cutter!

Is he already showing signs of catching the knife bug?

Well he has asked for his own knife a bunch of times. I always carry a folder which he regularly takes out of my pocket. So I figured his Mom has a fancy version of the same model she carries that he likes so this was a good fit.

Admittedly he’s half the age this one is recommended for. But it will teach him about locks and safety.

Last edited:
Well he has asked for his own knife a bunch of times. I always carry a folder which he regularly takes out of my pocket. So I figured his Mom has a fancy version of the same model she carries that he likes so this was a good fit.

Admittedly he’s half the age this one is recommended for. But it will teach him about locks and safety.
Sounds like he’ll be good to go in a few years.

It's all about the individual kid, not the recommended ages. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she has a peanut that she is not really allowed to use (there have been a few times she has been allowed to use it with me holding her hand, but I admit she is still too young to really use a knife), but she is already into knives. I carved a little wooden knife for her a while back, and that was fine for her last year. These days she is really enjoying getting to use butter knives and the potato peeler. She is definitely a little budding knife knut.

But it is about the individual kid. My parents gave me my first knives when I was 6 or 7. My sister wasn't really allowed to use knives unsupervised until she was a teen. And it was the same with my brother, except I don't think any of us really trusted him with a knife even as a teenager ;) I think my daughter will be pretty reliable with a knife pretty young, we will see how my son is when he gets older. Right now, he is only 7 months (even I am not ridiculous enough to give a baby a knife).

Just in case Nathan hasn't heard it yet.. I really want a Bowie.

That got transformed into a useful shape. The only useful things Bowies do is fatten collector pockets. They were a useful thing at one point as far as fighting and self defense knifes went. We are well fudge licking beyond that.

Anyways. Bowies suck balls. Not a damn one of us needs a pointy thing for whatever people want bowies for. Unless youei're getting in knife fights in which case we need to be friends. We do need a drop point design with NO GODDAMN CHOIL though. Just my 2 cents.

Anyways. Bowies suck balls. Not a damn one of us needs a pointy thing for whatever people want bowies for. Unless youei're getting in knife fights in which case we need to be friends. We do need a drop point design with NO GODDAMN CHOIL though. Just my 2 cents.

Seems like someone was very busy in the wee hours :)

Back