Random Thought Thread

Seems like someone was very busy in the wee hours :)

^ It is awful early to be that damn drunk, right?

^ the Kid is hard to read! I'm still trying to figure out as to when he exactly churns out his best work. Maybe I ought to put it as a poll? Angry drunk? Happy drunk? Angry sober? There's no such a thing with Grog as happy sober, so option D is out :D

Space-time, relativity........guess it all depends on what time it is and which end of the bottle ur workin' on.

Erm, I may have had a few drinks, fallen asleep, woken up and had a few :)rolleyes:) more. I've been cutting out the booze for the most part. Not because it isn't a blast but the stupid hangovers take up too much time as I get older. Veering off from the dragon designs takes more creativity than I can muster up sober.

An A2 Shiv and a little dust:

orig.jpg

And below, top four are two Shivs with satin and two wihout:

orig.jpg

I believe a few 3vs were made with "satin" finish and believe the fourth one from the top is one such Shiv.

Last edited:
^^^Beautiful Bob, Thank you! Think I am going to have one done in Satin

What about the one on your forearm:eek:

That wasn't my forearm!!!

Bad Matty, BAD! I can't believe my smutty behavior on a family subforum. I'm going to self-ban for 15 minutes :thumbsup:

An A2 Shiv and a little dust:

orig.jpg

And below, top four are two Shivs with satin and two wihout:

orig.jpg

I believe a few 3vs were made with "satin" finish and believe the fourth one from the top is one such Shiv.

You all see the difference between the finishes on the last two UFs, or is it the photography trickery? Bob & I share identical twins of the Bfs with the Cocobolo handles.

The top one definitely does not look to have an original CPK edge. The Shiv which you so kindly passed onto me, has the similar finish as the bottom one, i.e, hand rubbed horizontally from the primary grind down toward the edge.

The top one definitely does not look to have an original CPK edge. The Shiv which you so kindly passed onto me, has the similar finish as the bottom one, i.e, hand rubbed horizontally from the primary grind down toward the edge.

I was just zooming in on that wondering if it was reground. Usually pretty easy to see on the plunge. But on my phone the whole knife is an inch long so can be hard to tell.

I was just zooming in on that wondering if it was reground. Usually pretty easy to see on the plunge. But on my phone the whole knife is an inch long so can be hard to tell.

Yup the top one (to me) looks like a regrind. The middle one looks sharpened by the prior owner and the bottom one looks almost like-new, perhaps stropped but hard for me to tell. I may just have to drive up to Bob's to inspect and to verify :D

Anyways. Bowies suck balls. Not a damn one of us needs a pointy thing for whatever people want bowies for. Unless youei're getting in knife fights in which case we need to be friends. We do need a drop point design with NO GODDAMN CHOIL though. Just my 2 cents.

There is an old saying, "Opinions are like (bleep), everyone has one and most are odiferous."

Choils? I can take em or leave em. A small one ain't bad.

Back