Random Thought Thread

This time of year brings on 'extreme duress.' A guy could snap at any minute I tells ya!

I don't mind Christmas music too much but I really don't like most Christmas movies and that movie is the worst of them.

My favorite Christmas song..

I like pineapple.

That's awful. You shouldn't even joke about that sort of thing. What if someone were to read that and not realize you were being facetious and then go and eat pineapple. You'd have that on your conscious. That would be horrible.

someone order this man a Hawaiian pizza

Personally speaking, I'm not much into persimmons but if I had a choice of freshly frozen pineapples, peaches, cherries and mangos; I'd take the frozen mangos first and then the cherries second :)

Pain in the arse to peel but I like the finished product. One way to make it easier, just keep pressing firmly on the fruit to soften it by kinda smooshing it but without busting it open, then poke a smallish hole in the pomegranate with the tip of your knife and just suck the juices outta it!

Speaking of odd looking and tasting fruits, I find lychees very odd looking. Sweet and palatable when ripe, but I would not miss a nanosecond of this life had I not ever come across them!

Now time for tidbit of utterly useless information:

Apples are the most consumed fruit in our World and there are so many variety of apples in terms of looks, taste, scent and flavor that one just loses count. However, I heard once on the radio that the first ever apple, if you can even call it that, before manipulation by human, hybridizing, etc; were taking to biting into something soft like a banana and tasted very bland / flavorless like an uncooked potato! If all that is true, apples have certainly come along a very looooooong way!

I'm suddenly having 'Attack of the Killer Tomatoes' flashbacks :eek:

You should! What's that festival in Spain where people get pelted with tomatoes? Come on Dave, travel a bit and get out of your comfort zone. You will be the prey and will be hunted by some Spaniards using ripe tomatoes for ammo :D

Back