Random Thought Thread

Rather apocalyptic looking, Bob. I imagine the air quality is greatly reduced?
I have fond memories of Morro Rock. Mike

So far, can't even smell the smoke, so Justin's right, nowhere near as bad as it could or might get. But I think I missed out on the window of opportunity for masks but will try and find some.

And yeah, when you look out and around, the "orangeness" gives it that apocalyptic look. "oh no, earthquake weather, lol".

So odd.... beautiful view though, Betzner. Dark skies remind me of moon sets on an old Stuart 9'6" back in the day.
Holler if you guys need a respiratory care package :(

Opposite end of the spectrum in the SE this weekend.IMG_20171209_080221260.jpg

The gust winds have picked up today as forecasted and whipping things around. Not sure if the "Lilac" fire was fully contained before today but we are not totally out of the trouble yet. Last report I heard was there were no human fatalities in the Lilac fire but 46 horses, mostly racing pedigree had perished after they were let out of their barns to be rounded up (an extremely challenging feat with those big & strong animals whence in fallen panic / stress mode). Luckily for those which made it to safety and relocated, the great folks of the San Diego County showed up at the Del Mar stables and created the beasts with 5 gallon bucketful of fresh apples, carrot and
Lettuce, plus the all important tactile TLC :)

Maybe 50 or so structures, most residential were also burned down. Unfortunately the wildfires will be increasing in frequency and also in magnitude as we go forward and will be a more repeated occurrence in Cali and the West. Just because a locale goes unscathed does not really guarantee future absolution from such calamities, so remain alert and prepared my Cali brethren :thumbsup:

Luckily, the hills/mts are only about 1000' whereas all counties south of San Luis Obispo county are in the 5000' range. And as the Santa Anas and Sundowners, etc blow westward then downward the mountains, they pick up 5.5 degrees Fahrenheit in temp for every 1000 ft of drop. This is one of the primary reasons there are less fires in our county, thank god.

I'm glad fire season finally seems to be past up here. But I am sorry to see all the smoke.

unbelievably nice day here. Riding in a jersey only- way too warm compared to how it should be, but don't take it as a complaint.
this weird weather happening all over the place is eerie, and a little disconcerting, nice as it may be from day to day

I really feel that you should also wear some kind of shorts
believe me, I'm doing you guys a favour by only showing photos from the waist up. It's no accident.
Riding commando is the ballsiest way to ride, especially in the winter, although you wouldn't know it just by looking ;)

Happy Holidays Y’all!!!
OIF45Cd.jpg

Back