Random Thought Thread

Back in the days when there was a warrior class in what is now the UK, they used to tie a cat to a pole and then the boys would practice hand eye coordination by hitting the cat with a stick while it tried to run away. Pretty sure by hit I mean beat to death.

I'm not saying I like that, I don't actually but cats had it rough. My cat said we have to have an indoor cat cause she doesn't want it to get hit by a car, or used as a tug of war toy by some shithead dogs.

Awesome.

Reminds me...My wife just read something on this...

How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy
Jaroslav Flegr is no kook. And yet, for years, he suspected his mind had been taken over by parasites that had invaded his brain. So the prolific biologist took his science-fiction hunch into the lab. What he’s now discovering will startle you. Could tiny organisms carried by house cats be creeping into our brains, causing everything from car wrecks to schizophrenia?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/

my cat said we have to have an indoor cat
giphy.gif

Reminds me...My wife just read something on this...

How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy
Jaroslav Flegr is no kook. And yet, for years, he suspected his mind had been taken over by parasites that had invaded his brain. So the prolific biologist took his science-fiction hunch into the lab. What he’s now discovering will startle you. Could tiny organisms carried by house cats be creeping into our brains, causing everything from car wrecks to schizophrenia?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/
I just watched an episode of "Weird Wonders of the World" that featured a segment about this. Toxoplasma Gondii is a pretty intelligent parasite. Scary stuff!!!

If "domestic" cats were as large as some dogs are, they'd be eating and feasting on their owners! True story bros!

I have a better idea - start another thread about dogs and cats, include all animals in it, WTF, just get this thread back to Random Thoughts. Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: mb>
What kind of cat is $1500?

Uhhhh some kind of Maine coon. It’s a private breeder thing I’m sure.

I’m down with a random from the SPCA or some shelter but then it’s gonna do something that pisses me off like piss on the couch or scratch my kids and I’m gonna put it outside and it will end up dead or inured or sick or or or and then it’s gonna cost me all kinds of money.

I have knives that cost a lot more than $1500 so I can’t really complain much. So long as it’s only one cat.

Savannah? Large cat, extremely interactive with people, similar to dogs. Oh and they get into everything, you’ll need child locks on everything.

Im gonna suggest that she look into it. We have lock down in place for the baby already.

Thanks

I have a better idea - start another thread about dogs and cats, include all animals in it, WTF, just get this thread back to Random Thoughts. Just my humble opinion.

I was gonna suggest that these younger bucks start posting pictures of their babies and toddlers in the random thoughts thread, no? Not on board Bob? :p :D

Back