Random Thought Thread

I can only imagine the work involved in that. Mind saying where else you've lived and how you like Australia comparatively?
I lived in the UK and southern Africa before moving to Australia a decade ago. I found the UK to be a bit dull/boring, and Africa was pretty much the opposite in some ways and very unpredictable.

Generally we’re very happy in West Aus. Lots to do and see, although some places are a very long drive (or short flight) to get to!

I know exactly what you mean. Growing up, my dad had itchy feet, meaning we moved moved moved. Toughest year for me was three different high schools. So when the wife and I started our family we wanted to put some roots down, and we've been here 20 years with jobs and a business to run. It'd be a nightmare to pull up stakes now compared to our first move in an old Ford pickup truck with a half a bed full of belongings. I don't remember smiling any less back then though, they were good times even if they were lean.

I moved a ton growing up too. I think 3 years was the longest I was in any one place.

We also want to get the kids into a stable environment which is why we bought the house and moved to the area we did. Stable jobs blah blah blah.

But I’m not against day dreaming.

I lived in the UK and southern Africa before moving to Australia a decade ago. I found the UK to be a bit dull/boring, and Africa was pretty much the opposite in some ways and very unpredictable.

Generally we’re very happy in West Aus. Lots to do and see, although some places are a very long drive (or short flight) to get to!

Thank you. Each place sounds very different. Our good friends travel a couple of times a year to Australia for work, and I dearly hope to see a bit of it someday. Cheers.

I moved a ton growing up too. I think 3 years was the longest I was in any one place.

We also want to get the kids into a stable environment which is why we bought the house and moved to the area we did. Stable jobs blah blah blah.

But I’m not against day dreaming.

I'm all for day-dreaming. We're empty-nesters now and doing lots of it ha :) Ya, 3 years in one spot and gone again is tough. I managed six in NW Montana, which I love. One thing I didn't realize at the time was the 'non-traditional' education I was getting. Sometimes I mention a location and my kids are like 'Where?' and I wonder if we did the right thing lol.

I'm all for day-dreaming. We're empty-nesters now and doing lots of it ha :) Ya, 3 years in one spot and gone again is tough. I managed six in NW Montana, which I love. One thing I didn't realize at the time was the 'non-traditional' education I was getting. Sometimes I mention a location and my kids are like 'Where?' and I wonder if we did the right thing lol.

I’m dreaming of the kids moving out too lol. Won’t be no failed to launch 20 something’s here hahahaha.

Luckily we’re up in Canada now, education system on average is better here. We’re proably going to do private school at some point anyhow. But at some point we may move down south. Wife is from Florida.

Who knows!

Won’t be no failed to launch 20 something’s here hahahaha.

No not here either brother. Both of mine were/are strong-willed, which was hard on pops when they were growing up. But it's serving them well now that they're having to deal with things on their own, and beginning to understand the thinking behind some of the lessons we tried to teach them. I've got nothing but respect for anyone raising a family and keeping it held together on all fronts. Good visiting with you J.

Thank you. Each place sounds very different. Our good friends travel a couple of times a year to Australia for work, and I dearly hope to see a bit of it someday. Cheers.
No worries. If you ever decide come over to this side of the world, see if you can stopover in New Zealand and do some sightseeing there :thumbsup:

View attachment 821504
This is why I'm not on the BC preorder. I'm saving up for this. At 45+ years old, maybe I should just get the BC.

I posted this on 12/31/17.
I folded and got on the Behemoth Chopper preorder the next day.
Bike was on hold 1/1/18.

1/19/18
370069C7-1733-457D-A46E-8497B7036ADD.jpeg
FFD45AF6-FDFB-467E-9542-F3CBFE45C2E8.jpeg
Good friend who has a SE “Big Ripper” sent me this UPS (it wasn’t assembled).

This is pretty amazing. Wonder what it was made from?

Haha it says under the video

According to the preliminary judgments of the archeologists, the 47-cm-long sword was made of bronze and belonged to a senior official in the Warring States Period.

Well I was going to do a review of my edc2 but decided it would be more fun to wreck my dirt bike and have the handle bars show through my cheek bone lol. 4 hours in the hospital and 15 stitches later lol we are good to go. I'm thinking I'm going to have some pretty serious black eyes while performing my Pallbearer duties tomorrow. We shall see.

efc70FG.jpg

Well I was going to do a review of my edc2 but decided it would be more fun to wreck my dirt bike and have the handle bars show through my cheek bone lol. 4 hours in the hospital and 15 stitches later lol we are good to go. I'm thinking I'm going to have some pretty serious black eyes while performing my Pallbearer duties tomorrow. We shall see.

efc70FG.jpg

Nice one! Did you have a full face helmet on? Looks like it might have come right through by your goggles and knocked them off or something. I hope you heal up fast!

Some of you guys are getting a bit too long in the tooth for all this shyte! Luckily for you mortal types, I bottled and commercialized some of my Peter Pan genetics mixed with my special and none viscous snake oil. Trust me, one drop and it heals up almost all ailments ;)

efc70FG.jpg
OUCH!!!!

Back