Random Thought Thread

What a surprise, I too like taking apart my Shirogorovs :)

DpmPCnPh.jpg
Mmmmm! Love those multiple row roller bearings. Mike

P.S. Love pie/PI too!

I was wondetimg how the HDFK worked for your buthering work also Brian77 Brian77 ... glad to hear it worked ... that was one thought I had about buying a HDFK ...

because I've been using my LT Wright Outback in 3V to field dress and break down wild hogs ... its smaller that the HDFK but it has really impressed me how much work I can get done without having to stop and touch up the edge.

Random thought... it must be that somehow time actually slows down while the USPS is in possession of a knife that is being shipped to you...

Aaaahhhh.

Slooowww.

Sigh.

Lol ... I was having the same thought recently ... but that might have been brought on by the fact receiving text updates on the package's tracking ...

showed that it had arrived in DesMoines and departed DesMoines ... so I thought it will be deliveried tomorrow ... but it arrived at DesMoines and departed DesMoines 3 seperate times before it finally got here ...

I sometimes would like to have a camera and mic on a package just once to actually see how and where this packages end up on their journeys.

JJ

I have had that happen too.
It arrives and departs for 3 or more times.

The worst one I ever had, was a Fedx Home Post from AG Russell. It was like some kid took a pen and scribbled lines back and forth across a map of the United States.

Try waiting for an international delivery. I must have refreshed the tracking 50 times today

I just saw the FK listed in the Exchange. It lasted 6 minutes. What took so long? Anyone know what it sold for? Just curious.

As a proud owner of a satin finished FK-3V, I think that I'm now a CPK billionaire. So glad I got in at the IPO level. Thanks very much to Uncle Nate :p

That MC Chop-Chop sale will be an insane one after how Nathan had said that it was going to be just THAT for a while! I mean, I have decent keyboard skills and have been successful with QTY > 10 but with so many folks cramming the servers at 3:00 PM, it's a matter of being lucky to catch the refresh at the earliest possible time past 3:00:00, for a Best Coaster ;)

Haha there's always that 1-3 second delay, if you can time that right you win the game

Haha there's always that 1-3 second delay, if you can time that right you win the game

That depends on how close you are to the BFC servers on top of your mad skills and faster upload / download. A lot of little tricks and factors go into this, but that proximity appears to make a crucial difference too.

That depends on how close you are to the BFC servers on top of your mad skills and faster upload / download. A lot of little tricks and factors go into this, but that proximity appears to make a crucial difference too.

Yeah that is a very interesting variable. Where are the servers located?

I was wondetimg how the HDFK worked for your buthering work also Brian77 Brian77 ... glad to hear it worked ... that was one thought I had about buying a HDFK ...

because I've been using my LT Wright Outback in 3V to field dress and break down wild hogs ... its smaller that the HDFK but it has really impressed me how much work I can get done without having to stop and touch up the edge.

I am finding I prefer sharping the D2 to 3v. love sharpening. But i cannot find a love to sharpening 3v. I dont know why. It's hard to find that majic edge like I can on carbon steels.

Brian it's good to see you around here again. Where ya been man?

Back