Random Thought Thread

@Brian77 What kind of snowmobiles are you running? I just picked up a brand new Polaris Rush Pro-S 800, only put ~250 miles on it so far, but loving the new sled.

Beautiful pictures and Area Brian! I AM ENVIOUS
kJGMsAu.jpg

nMBizIx.jpg

FZCH0Hl.jpg

Views like this are absolutely good for the heart and brain.
ahRVPXW.jpg

JjNLNNH.jpg

At 9,500 on top of a pass. At a forest service snow lodge. The powder was 6 to 7 feet deep.

H3wqvNX.jpg

Wait, what? What's a MC?

Slaps self in head, and yells put down that Paypal. Reality check.
I spent more on knives this week than I ever have in a seven day period. Possibly a 30 day period.

I had custom a Ben Orford Pixie that is shipping. Then I saw a Field Knife come up.

I like Ben's work. And I have been chasing a Field Knife for some time. Both in front of, and behind the scenes. The timing was just never right. It wasn't right this time either. But I pulled the trigger anyways.

The Field Knife is plain 3V. Fortunately I am not educated enough to even begin to grasp the intricacies of Delta 3V, 4V, 27V, or Plasma Infused Transparent Aluminum.

I plan on putting the Field Knife right to work. Before I chicken out. I have high hopes for this blade. I can still see Nathan slicing that tomato in my mind's eye. That sealed the deal for me.

I don't expect it to work miracles. But I believe it will serve me well.

The Pixie will handle any little Bushcrafty type chores. The Skrama will handle anything above the Field Knife's pay grade. At least until I lose another small part of what's left of my mind, and seize on an opportunity to snap up a Carother's chopper of some sort.

Baby steps, baby steps!

#1. Acquire Field Knife
#2. Drool on Field Knife
#3. Familiarize self with Field Knife
#4. Utilize Field Knife
#5. Sell everything that the Field Knife replaces.
#6. Take deep breath.
#7. Give thanks for how well you have it.
#8. Focus more on woods time, less on knives (sorry Nathan & Jo)
#9. Perhaps revisit that EDC Knife for going to town. So as not to frighten the surface dwellers
#10. To be determined. (I already clarified, I'm not that bright)

My NTM FK sould be here tomorrow.
How are they at moving snow?

I thought of you as I was posting! Yes sir. We took the children skiing to Schweitzer and Maverick Mountains over Christmas. Thought of you then also. Our friends live in Trout Creek, MT. How far are you from there?

I used to live just over the hill in Libby, and I've been all over N Idaho and NW Montana, mostly the backroads. I love it up there. Now it takes me about 9 hours to make the drive up to that area. Man those pics really make me home sick!!

Ha, no I have been the victim of Daylight Saving Time! :) my 5 hours ahead has become 4 since last Sunday. I checked in an hour early and it was all done :)

No Adrenaline rush, Stress is not knowing where you are going to get the money to feed your family:thumbsup: I would have liked to nab one (MC) but In the end it is nothing more than a knife (and I have plenty of those):D You either score one or you don't-NO STRESS

^^^I do not have this problem, and still couldn't score, i would guess my success rate is somewhere around (you should quit while your ahead%) But it's fun and something to do:) I usually score when a knife has been offered on numerous previous occasions! The good news is someday there will be a Pre-order, and i am willing to wait:thumbsup: It is fun to participate "Win or Lose". I subscribe to this saying on Friday sales when a new CPK Prototype is basically being introduced

So.....DST then......:)

I protest! Unfair! I forgot that most of the rest of the country is on DST. I was going to try for a MC just for the halibut, but when I clicked on the sale I saw that I was only 59 minutes too late. :mad:

That's fine I don't need or really want one anyway. :D

BTW, did you know that the Navajo Reservation observes daylight-saving time and the Hopi Reservation does not? The Navajo Reservation surrounds the Hopi Reservation, so if on Monday you drive from Flagstaff to Gallup through Tuba City and Ganado, you'll change time on four occasions.

To make time synching even more confusing here in the UK our clocks start DST next weekend.

Back