Random Thought Thread

A random thought that has been lingering lately is one that @XtianAus told me a while ago "No point being the richest man in the grave".

Obviously I don't want to be the poorest man walking either but it's something to think about. We only have a limited amount of time on this planet and it's ticking away every second..

With that in mind, it's never too late to make a change in the direction you're heading.

I'll never watch another movie starring Tom Cruise in my life. I hope they find him a bride from somewhere remote, and have him move there so we can forget he exists
Interesting..

I harbor an intense innate disdain for him and Justin Beiber. Both of them are like watching Russian car crash videos.. I can't look away.

I'll never watch another movie starring Tom Cruise in my life. I hope they find him a bride from somewhere remote, and have him move there so we can forget he exists

Are you a Homeland watcher? If so, do you remember this actress from S4 / S5 of the series:

homeland_306_2875.r.jpg

Well below she is all dolled up and the "Church" of Scientology had hand picked / rared her to be Cruise's potential wife after his split with Katy Holmes. There are stories circulating about
them when she was Cruise's GF and that Cruise was so outraged when she dared to ask Cruise's bunghole buddy David Miscavige some "inappropriate" Qs during dinner.
Lets say she was sent packing and back to cleaning toilets with a tooth brush at their FL Compound before she managed to get back on her own feet in Hollywood!

Nazanin-Boniati.jpg

I'm getting annoyed by long time forum members from BF who are posting CPK on the big auction site for big markups.

Are you also annoyed at the forum members who buy large quantities of Busse knives to sell at huge markups. People have the right to offer their property for sale at any price and let the market decide.

Personally, in my experience, when I post something for sale in the exchange I get annoying low-ball offers. Usually from the same members. I would rather not deal with that.

Last edited:
I'll get it started:

I've recently realized that most of my "landscaping" is done with Roundup...

All of my landscaping is done with Roundup or some other weed killer. No lawn, just gravel. The previous owner did the landscaping and put plastic sheet under gravel to prevent weeds. Not only does it not work, but makes it very difficult to pull the weeds.

I was landscaping yesterday with a 4 gallon backpack sprayer with Cornerstone grass killer.
I absolutely hate yard work unless it involves knives.:thumbsup:

Are you also annoyed at the forum members who buy large quantities of Busse knife to sell at huge markups. People have the right to offer their property for sale at any price and let the market decide.

Personally, in my experience, when I post something for sale in the exchange I get annoying low-ball offers. Usually from the same members. I would rather not deal with that.

Just because I'm annoyed by it doesn't mean there is anything wrong.

I get annoyed by lots of things. This is not an indictment of anyone.

I know that once flippers hit this market, and they will, availability, sale method and the like will all change, and IMO for the worse. Now that there are consecutive multiple listings, I think we're getting closer to that fundamental change. We've seen it earlier as people moved out of the sub and into the marketplace forum to make sales at a higher price point.

There are tons of people that will have a completely valid reason why their price is inflated based on shipping, fees, tax, exchange rates, because they can etc.

Being annoyed doesn't mean anyone needs to change their behaviour to suit me.

You ever had a favourite spot like a beach, trail or camp site, that once discovered by tourists, or a group of people fundamentally changes? It's happening here with all the travelling info available on the web. I'm happy other people get to enjoy said spot, though annoyed my experience is lessened.

Just because I'm annoyed by it doesn't mean there is anything wrong.

I get annoyed by lots of things. This is not an indictment of anyone.

I know that once flippers hit this market, and they will, availability, sale method and the like will all change, and IMO for the worse. Now that there are consecutive multiple listings, I think we're getting closer to that fundamental change. We've seen it earlier as people moved out of the sub and into the marketplace forum to make sales at a higher price point.

There are tons of people that will have a completely valid reason why their price is inflated based on shipping, fees, tax, exchange rates, because they can etc.

Being annoyed doesn't mean anyone needs to change their behaviour to suit me.

You ever had a favourite spot like a beach, trail or camp site, that once discovered by tourists, or a group of people fundamentally changes? It's happening here with all the travelling info available on the web. I'm happy other people get to enjoy said spot, though annoyed my experience is lessened.
Totally understand where you are coming from Justin! Unfortunately with the Limited availability of Nathan's work, and the Word getting out how great his knives truly are, (I too discovered Nathan's work too late and missed out on the UF and damn Shiv's in 3V!) coupled with a growing interest in knives in general, this markup practice is probably going to increase (I guess the one on e-bay (LC) ended up selling for $611 without a sheath:eek:
I can imagine how it used to be when Nathan offered something and you didn't have look like an idiot trying to post "I will take one" Must have been a Blast!
When I actually saw what the LC eventually sold for my first thought were
View attachment 736114

Last edited:
Thanks uffda for trying to stick up for me. Even though you probably didnt know it was me. When i first saw Justin's post i got pretty mad about it because i thought i was being attacked over something i have no control over. Which was the final price it sold for. So i sent him a pm. Just so its clear i am the one who posted the LC on the bay that sold for $611. Heres my pm to Justin with only names removed.

Hey Justin

I seen your post and seen i had been the only one to sell a carothers on the big auction site in the last while. I wanted 450 and came down to 435 for it and offered it up to 2 members on here. Xxxx kept stringing me along for 3 weeks. Excuse after excuse (car breaking down and waiting for paycheck). He finally just stopped replying until the very first day it was posted on the bay and he sends: do you got still have it?

So yea i posted it on the bay and started the bidding at 499. Just because somebody payed 611 for it while fighting out a bidding war makes me a bad person? I was extremely lucky in getting the 611 for the LC.

I can prove everything i said even though i shouldn't care i do. If you want me to prove it i will send all the messages from me and xxxxx. Justin i held in you in high regards from the crk days. I thought you would be a guy that would understand and realize to not post abought stuff you dont have all the facts on. Especially after you got blasted over the same kinda thing over that crk large inkosi from blade last year.

Hey man if you still feel i did wrong i will address it openly on the forum i just wanted to pm you directly first before i did.

I followed up with this one right away because i wasnt trying to be confrontational:

And im sorry if it sounds like im calling you out i just saw your post and started typing. But please let me know your thoughts. I am not looking to start a fight i promise.

Justin's reply was his last message explaining his post.

And im not mad at him or anything. I just wanted to address this. I still have respect for you Justin :)

Now...

In closing i would like to add im not a flipper and dont want to bring a negative stigma to carothers or this forum. But im not trying to hide either i did sell the knife for the people who wanted to know so they could put me on ignore. I just want you to hear the whole story. I sold it on ebay because i couldnt justify the funds at this moment and i kept getting jerked around on here so I put it up on the bay at 499 and after insured shipping and paypal that would have put me at about 440. I never thought it would have went to 611. So there it is for anyone wondering.

Last edited:
How can I come up with new activities that provide justification for claiming to need new knives?
You only need one.
You are a hobbyist knife tester, specializing in the EDC type of usage that is often encountered in your (insert profession).

Now you just need a blog/vlog/youtube channel to show for it. Oh, and plenty of new knives.

Back