Random Thought Thread

I have and continue to wait for over 2 years for a Survive knife, yet I feel as though I can't even wait a month for the UF to become available :confused::D

A very simple answer to this riddle: there's only one Stockholm :p

Now, who's buying the next round of beer? :D

A very simple answer to this riddle: there's only one Stockholm :p

Now, who's buying the next round of beer? :D
How about one per 5 minutes we have to wait? Maybe Nathan will be encouraged to speed up the process, out of fear his fan basis will die out within hours from alcohol poisoning :eek::p

TL; DR: Nathan must move to France in a sabbatical capacity to become a Michelin chef!

Story:

Yesterday when I had the radio on in the car (I'm ol' fashioned so I only listen to the radio while driving :p ) I came across a story that a former Michelin chef named Adam Perry Lang went to a smithing and forging school (in New England) to learn how to make his own steak knives because he was convinced making deadly sharp steak knives would add tremendous value to his diners' experiences (instead of struggling to cut the meat with an average dull steak knife) plus maximizing the flavor of his prized steaks. His knives are actually on the menu priced at $950.01 per knife to both deter those who may wish to buy one or worse, may get tempted to sneak one out. The 1 cent addition would make it a grand theft under the penal code here in Cali so that ought to act as a deterrent to restaurant utensil thieves :D

If a Michelin chef can become a storied knife maker, then a storied knife-maker must also become a Michelin chef. For this reason I would respectfully request that Nathan steps up to the plate and not only start making steak knives for his long term and enthusiastic fans but also enter into a tandem knife-making and food serving enterprise, so that not only Jo and the Kids eat well, but also when we visit Moorseville, NC; we will also be able to enjoy the experience of the above. I'm sure that Nathan's knives will be more kickarse and more reasonably priced than the above but as for his steaks, who knows? We may have to supply our own Imodium! :p :D

Last edited:
Who’s the hoarder of shivs !?!?!
That is having these beautiful sage wood gear sheaths made ...
Yes I am a little jealous .
Know how many shivs I have ...
ZERO
bP66OzG.png

Last edited:
Ever since I swapped my Shiv handles, every other day I notice a spot where one or the other scale is a few micrometers proud of the tang and I loosen the whole thing and tighten it back up again to get it flush. I think maybe taking it in and out of that super tight kydex sheath is moving the scales a little bit. It seems to scratch a bit of material off the guard swells of the micarta every time. How tight do you guys crank down on the screws when you re-attach scales?

Ever since I swapped my Shiv handles, every other day I notice a spot where one or the other scale is a few micrometers proud of the tang and I loosen the whole thing and tighten it back up again to get it flush. I think maybe taking it in and out of that super tight kydex sheath is moving the scales a little bit. It seems to scratch a bit of material off the guard swells of the micarta every time. How tight do you guys crank down on the screws when you re-attach scales?

I don’t tighten them very hard.

Au contraire mon ami,

I've juggled a number of them, some of these in fact, to others here and there..........

xlarge.jpg

AND some of these......

xlarge.jpg

AND some of these, too.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Living proof here! Bob juggled and I jiggled, 4 of them thus far I believe?

Bob, I should be ready for you soon again :D

Back