Random Thought Thread

My wife got me a tiny keg for my Scotch! Early father's day present (so it's ready for the Father's day bottles;)), with our last name on it. Soaking it with demineralized water at work to cure it :)

image-20180519_133407_1.jpg

And yes...it did need a sight glass for level indication:p

IMG_20180519_133138.jpg

~Chip
I need this in my life. Any info on this? I'd love one of these in my bar.

I need this in my life. Any info on this? I'd love one of these in my bar.
I'll ask her where she got it, I've seen them around before but not with the personalization.

On second thought, I just checked and googling "mini wooden keg" gets you a plethora of options including ones with personalization ;).

~Chip

I'll ask her where she got it, I've seen them around before but not with the personalization.

On second thought, I just checked and googling "mini wooden keg" gets you a plethora of options including ones with personalization ;).

~Chip
Thanks for the quick response. I've seen them before but I have no first hand experience. I guess I was looking for the seal of approval, so to speak. I'm gonna do some looking around and see what I can find.

Thanks for the quick response. I've seen them before but I have no first hand experience. I guess I was looking for the seal of approval, so to speak. I'm gonna do some looking around and see what I can find.
I just checked the box it came in, came from "JDS Personalized Gifts"... I'm pretty sure they all come from the same supplier (Hecho en Mexico). The one I have seems to be about a half gallon, holds 1500ml with room to spare.

~Chip

Abby's SAT was significantly better than most graduating seniors and was good enough to get into the university where the award ceremony was held and she:

didn't study for it
has never even seen calculus before
is in the 7th grade

I'm feeling very proud right now

edit to add: this was not some sort of "pre-SAT" or practice exam given by the school, this was the real thing, she sat in the same room and took the same test as the high school kids. :eek::confused::D

She's a remarkable kid. She seems to be pretty comfortable in her own skin. She's respectful, asks good questions and is always curious to know how things work and what things mean. She takes an interest in other people. School seems to come pretty easy to her, she always makes straight A's, but she still gives it her full attention. She's nothing like I was when I was a kid (thankfully). It really is a trip watching them grow.

Last edited:
Abby's SAT was significantly better than most graduating seniors and was good enough to get into the university where the award ceremony was held and she:

didn't study for it
is in the 7th grade

edit to add: this was not some sort of "pre-SAT" or practice exam given by the school, this was the real thing, she sat in the same room and took the same test as the high school kids. :eek::confused::D

Very impressive!!!
Math skills like that.... you may want to recruit her to the CPK design team.
I’m thinking light saber!

didn't study for it
is in the 7th grade

She's a remarkable kid. She seems to be pretty comfortable in her own skin. She's respectful, asks good questions and is always curious to know how things work and what things mean. She takes an interest in other people. School seems to come pretty easy to her, she always makes straight A's, but she still gives it her full attention. She's nothing like I was when I was a kid (thankfully). It really is a trip watching them grow.

Congratulations to your daughter and you and Jo. :thumbsup:

Neither of my kids are like me. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was a lousy student. I was smart enough, but just too damn lazy.

Hey Nate, thanks for the invite for a friendly game of Trivial Pursuit the family edition. Unfortunately my boy broke his shoe lace, my girl has to wash her hair, the wife has a headache and I feel a cough coming on :cough: :cough: yep. Next time for sure though brother ;)

Awesome memory for team Carothers!

My daughter graduated from kindergarten yesterday. I didn't know that was a thing, but I am glad I went. She won an award for her spelling and vocabulary words. I was astounded at what kids are capable of.

I remember when we moved to the States in 1990, my eldest Son who was born in England was just a few months over 2 so we registered him at the local Montessori after he turned like 3ish. I was also gobsmacked when we had to go to his "graduation" a few years later on because back in the Ol' Country the honor of being a graduate was given to those who actually and at the very least had finished either university (college) undergraduate program or a polytechnic (same as like a state college, accredited lower than a university). The fact that kids over here graduate willy nilly and go through the same sorta pomp and circumstance which I personally had to wait like 21 years for, still bemuses me to this date! What can I say, I'm just becoming more and more cantankerous as my days add up, just like UffDa!

P.S. congrats on baby TR's graduation :D

Last edited:
Did I miss the memo?! The "Our shop is hiring" sticky thread and also the link to it in Nathan's signature have both disappeared! Any good news / bad news regarding that WTH position?

Back