Random Thought Thread

That’s just the temp out here in Riverside! Haha!
I’ll be taking the day off for sure.

Oh FARK! I just checked and we’re gonna be in the high 90s and I’m only away from the beach by less than 5 miles, up on the hills that supposedly catches the Ocean’s breeze!!!

112º? I lived in Goleta, PRK for 28 years. As the crow flies, I was about 1/2 mile from the ocean. Every year, at least 2 or 3 times, we would get the Santa Ana winds and the temperature would rise to 110º or higher. Most houses didn't have AC. The day we moved to AZ it was 111º and the movers almost died. When they delivered our stuff here in north central AZ, it was in the low 70s.

The highest recorded temperature here was 108º, but it rarely exceeds 100º. Right now (4:23 PM) it's 89º with a RH of 15%. With a light breeze, it's pleasant.

112º? I lived in Goleta, PRK for 28 years. As the crow flies, I was about 1/2 mile from the ocean. Every year, at least 2 or 3 times, we would get the Santa Ana winds and the temperature would rise to 110º or higher. Most houses didn't have AC. The day we moved to AZ it was 111º and the movers almost died. When they delivered our stuff here in north central AZ, it was in the low 70s.

The highest recorded temperature here was 108º, but it rarely exceeds 100º. Right now (4:23 PM) it's 89º with a RH of 15%. With a light breeze, it's pleasant.
This damn weather doesn’t work for me anymore so I’ve made the decision to be living in the Prescott area by 2020.

This damn weather doesn’t work for me anymore so I’ve made the decision to be living in the Prescott area by 2020.

Prescott is nice, but bring lots of money. Chino Valley and Prescott Valley are cheaper and not that far from Prescott.

Prescott is nice, but bring lots of money. Chino Valley and Prescott Valley are cheaper and not that far from Prescott.
Anything has to be cheaper than SoCal right now!
Rent and housing prices are just plain ridiculous and now there are a ton of people moving here from L.A. and Orange County because they can’t afford to live there anymore.
I’d way rather pay $350k+ for a nice house in Prescott area than buy a 1000sqft shanty out here.

Stay away from Morro Bay.......

but if you come, leave quickly......like good tourists should.

But we realize that we can't avoid the crowd on July 20, WHEN THE ALL AMERICAN HIGHWAY (Ca Hwy 1) OPENS UP AGAIN, ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO BIG SUR, CARMEL AND MONTEREY!

But we realize that we can't avoid the crowd on July 20, WHEN THE ALL AMERICAN HIGHWAY (Ca Hwy 1) OPENS UP AGAIN, ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO BIG SUR, CARMEL AND MONTEREY!

Ha! I’ll be able to roll down your way, once again. You’ll be able to visit your favorites again. Mike

Anything has to be cheaper than SoCal right now!
Rent and housing prices are just plain ridiculous and now there are a ton of people moving here from L.A. and Orange County because they can’t afford to live there anymore.
I’d way rather pay $350k+ for a nice house in Prescott area than buy a 1000sqft shanty out here.

I happened to check the house where I grew up in L.A. on Zillow out of curiosity. It is now valued at over $2,000,000. :eek: My folks bought it in 1943 for $5500.

Ummm, how about no!

I'm gonna pretend that we're related so we'll have to hit all the local spots and then cruise up HWY 1 in a convertible. You can ride shotgun!

Last edited:
for you, Nate
CWdDdXr.jpg

Back