Random Thought Thread

Actually, I think sarcasm would be a more accurate term for it.

Cliff's got many good videos reviewing various blades, while actually chopping, where he examines the geometry, balance, heft, even heat treat, and the how they affect the performance of the knives/choppers he's reviewing.

He just got sick of the clueless types talking about, 'in their opinion', with no regard for any of the actual scientific metrics that determine performance, and made that parody video.
Yep.

Sarcastic, and tongue-in-cheek as it was, it IS pretty darn funny/humorous.

To the folks who didn't listen to the video:

You have to actually hear the ridiculous crap he's deliberately spouting though, all bearing in mind (if you've seen his other videos before), that he actually knows what he's talking about, but made THIS particular video as an over-the-top parody of a clueless idiot talking about knives and their chopping performance.

I want to deal him out of that upside down Keffeler.

He made a video of him actually chopping with a Keffeler.

BTW, I love the way people attach names to common knife designs. Keffler? It's nothing but a sheep splitter. I had one a long time ago. Nesmuck? A modified butcher knife. Kephart? It's nothing but a common spear point knife. These knife designs predate the people who's names are applied to them by hundreds of years. Of course, that's all my grouchy opinion. :D

Last edited:
The Blade Forums powers didn't seem to appreciate Cliff's humor.

rs_w-600_h-600-1.jpg

FYI. I found a picture of the lamb splitter that I had. Other than the hole in the blade, I don't see a lot of difference from the Keffeler. The Keffeler is a bit more refined.

fmyhonzz-900.jpg

LTW-CompChop-GCM-Mat_alt1.jpg

Last edited:
Ole Cliffy boy liked to think he was smart, and didn't like folks disagreeing with him, even when he was wrong. :rolleyes: There's a good reason he's not here anymore. I for one, don't miss him a bit, and didn't bother to watch or listen to the video.

Ole Cliffy boy liked to think he was smart, and didn't like folks disagreeing with him, even when he was wrong. :rolleyes: There's a good reason he's not here anymore. I for one, don't miss him a bit, and didn't bother to watch or listen to the video.

Well, it's not like we don't have a few other opinionated, self aggrandizing "experts" who post on BF. :rolleyes:

Present company excepted, of course. :D

Bob! Tonight's episode of The Affair, half of it was filmed in Morro Bay! You must've known or had seen the SHO filming crew down in you locale this past Summer! A truly beautiful place :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Never watched that show, sorry. But Morro Bay does attract quite a bit of people who are filming, with many, many of the well-known types living not too far away from here, actually.

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back