Random Thought Thread

This was the most on-time post you've had in a while, it came up right at 3:00, I've always encountered a few second delay before today.

I think you greatly underestimated the demand for this model, Nathan. I felt my computer shudder the moment the thread opened.:D

I got excited and hit the upload a file and should of hit the Post Reply!! No chance

I got excited and hit the upload a file and should of hit the Post Reply!! No chance
Got two error messages myself from fat thumbing it. Still made it on the first page with two extra refreshes, so I am felling okay about the future sales. At least that is what I am telling myself here, through the tears.

Nathan, some of us had been trying to tell you for months now! I still think you have just been hitting us with the master troll when you say you can imagine 100 won't be enough. Come on, come clean.

The man is stone cold Evil (genius). I figured out looong ago that he really does troll his own sub at the expense of his cretin subjects :D

Nathan, some of us had been trying to tell you for months now! I still think you have just been hitting us with the master troll when you say you can imagine 100 won't be enough. Come on, come clean.

The man is stone cold Evil (genius). I figured out looong ago that he really does troll his own sub at the expense of his cretin subjects :D

He may surprise me and actually be having some fun at our expense on this one, but USUALLY he really believes it.

That's the kicker. It's a repair on a 2005 outback I bought about a month ago. Needed to replace the drive shaft.
Ugh know that feeling. I just rebuilt the front and rear drive shafts on my beater Land Rover

This was the most on-time post you've had in a while, it came up right at 3:00, I've always encountered a few second delay before today.

You know it's ironic but I had been using the clock on my phone and it turns out it was wrong so today I used a mechanical wrist watch that I last set a week ago and lo-and-behold it's keeping better time than my phone. I think that's really cool (a spring wound watch keeping better time than a smart phone) but nobody (other than Mark) seems to be impressed. Jo just rolls her eyes at me...

I use a watch for these too, it makes the countdown so much more visceral. I don't even know how it's possible for a phone clock to be wrong though, haha, do you have a crank on your phone by any chance?

Edit: WTF my iPhone clock is 2 seconds fast!!

I use a watch for these too, it makes the countdown so much more visceral. I don't even know how it's possible for a phone clock to be wrong though, haha, do you have a crank on your phone by any chance?

Mark's phone is off too. I think the local cell tower is wrong. I assumed they referenced an atomic clock or GPS time or something, but apparently not, they're about 20 seconds slow.

Mark's phone is off too. I think the local cell tower is wrong. I assumed they referenced an atomic clock or GPS time or something, but apparently not, they're about 20 seconds slow.
Yeah I thought the same thing! I think it deserves recognition that, in addition to the exciting sales today, you've also (i) eroded blind faith in "smart" technology and (2) actually helped us all justify watch ownership.

Yeah I thought the same thing! I think it deserves recognition that, in addition to the exciting sales today, you've also (i) eroded blind faith in "smart" technology and (2) actually helped us all justify watch ownership.

You can either thank or blame this, depending on where you ended up today! Apparently I ought to be looking for one if I'm going to have any chance in the future sales!!! What clock is the Mido synced up with?

P.S. Mark is right, it's a cool watch :thumbsup: Sorry JoJo!

Next he will want us to believe that he actually has to set his phone back in the fall and bump it ahead in the spring....troll I tell you.

Back