Random Thought Thread

Back to the topic...Random Thoughts.

I saw this today and thought of WValtakis and his Not A Flamethrower.

Night-Flame-1024x768.jpg

Packing a 3-gallon capacity gas tank, the Throwflame XL-18 is capable of spewing flames at over 100 feet! This is definitely not a toy. It is the most powerful and expensive flamethrower available. The XL-18 retails right around $3,199 but if you want the best, this is it. It’s also the only one with a few practical applications.

X15VSXL18-1024x541.jpg

If you don't need 100 foot range, the X15 will project up to 50 feet and it is only $1600.

Back to the topic...Random Thoughts.

I saw this today and thought of WValtakis and his Not A Flamethrower.

View attachment 1050156

Packing a 3-gallon capacity gas tank, the Throwflame XL-18 is capable of spewing flames at over 100 feet! This is definitely not a toy. It is the most powerful and expensive flamethrower available. The XL-18 retails right around $3,199 but if you want the best, this is it. It’s also the only one with a few practical applications.

View attachment 1050158

If you don't need 100 foot range, the X15 will project up to 50 feet and it is only $1600.
"Practical applications...":p

"Practical applications...":p

There are many, like the neighbor who insists on parking his nasty old van in front of your house so that he doesn't have to look at it in front of his.

Unknown.jpg

I had to skip this UF ... but gives me a bit longer to hoard for the FK2 and pick up 2 or 3 for myself and a gift for someone I owe a big thank you too ...

bring on the FK2s ... hopefully many many FK2s !!!!!

Those flamethrowers were on sale last month actually.

I’m eating my midnight microwaveable White Castle burgers. This box came with this....recipe inside it....

View attachment 1050298

Ohhhhh I haven’t had those in forever !!!!!!! Those were like a Six flags (NJ) ritual !!!!!! Sure now I’m going to be looking in the frozen food isle lol :)

To all my CPK loving friends. Buying a UF for a friend. He’s a retired bad a$$ and now running the show in narcotics. This knife would be for his LBE.
What y’all think?
Acid wash
Double edge dagger grind
With terro tuff handles ?

Last edited:
^ I have pre-ordered that arrangement but without the double edge. Clarify if you are thinking the 1" top of the tip DE grind or the full dagger-grind DE? The former is more understated and the latter more bad assery! Both will cut like a mofracky!

To all my CPK loving friends. Buying a UF for a friend. He’s a retired bad a$$ and now running the show in narcotics. This knife would be for his LBE.
What y’all think?
Acid wash
Double edge dagger grind
With terro tuff handles ?
Just a thought; if his LBE is the typical department black, he may prefer unbuffed black micarta for a more understated look.

While I love Terotuf for my chopper handles, and it might be called 'black' Terotuf, it most definitely looks like a light gray.

If you're a good enough buddy to be gifting a double edged UF, you'd probably know him well enough to know if he's more of an understated type, or someone who doesn't care if the gray handle stands out on black LBE. Y/HMMV.

If the LBE is not black (I've seen some with multicam, OD green, coyote brown etc.), then all bets are off.

This also might be a good question for Nathan, since he designed the original for an active duty service friend. I’m not sure the original was double edged? I could be wrong.

I have almost zero training for knife fighting so my opinion is rather uneducated, but I’m thinking that if your friend will be using this knife mostly for utility work, the single edge might be more practical. Those sharpened spines do tend to bite occasionally. If there is a high likelihood that he will be engaging in knife play, then maybe the double edge is warranted. If badassery is the main goal, then dagger grind it is! Mike

NUTRAMAC NUTRAMAC if he is in a tight spot where he has to baton or pry, the dagger grind may not do well. You have 3 choices 1. ask him what he wants and ruin the surprise 2. just do the 30dps sharpened tip
or 3: ignore the 2 cents from fat dot Indian who is going to drool over his 2 UF' s everyday

Of course, Nathan is more qualified to answer NUTRAMAC NUTRAMAC 's question. Piggybacking on that
1. Nathan what would be the weight of the UF with the dagger grind option? Just curious
2. There is one segment which you haven't entered yet- a concealed/in-pocket carry hard use knife. Any plans?

Of course, Nathan is more qualified to answer NUTRAMAC NUTRAMAC 's question. Piggybacking on that
1. Nathan what would be the weight of the UF with the dagger grind option? Just curious
2. There is one segment which you haven't entered yet- a concealed/in-pocket carry hard use knife. Any plans?

What do you mean by in pocket carry? Are you referring to a folder? I carry my CPK EDC in pocket all the time. You could carry a Field Knife inside the pocket if you want to. I know a guy who makes great ISP sheaths. ;)

What do you mean by in pocket carry? Are you referring to a folder? I carry my CPK EDC in pocket all the time. You could carry a Field Knife inside the pocket if you want to. I know a guy who makes great ISP sheaths. ;)

Same thought. One of the first things that impressed me with the EDC was how easy it was to slip in a shorts pocket.

Back