Random Thought Thread

2. There is one segment which you haven't entered yet- a concealed/in-pocket carry hard use knife. Any plans?

D3V is a hard use steel, so aside from thickness, I'd designate any CPK as hard use oriented.
I think DEK1 will fit the bill for you, it's designed for easy/stealthy carry, and it has a bit of a mean streak

Have tried a knife of similar dimensions. Wear dress pants mostly and it stands out like crazy. Currently carry a strider dub with a regrind by Jonny at rotten.design so it is kind of slimmed down. Maybe time to try out the EDC3 when it comes out?

Nice! just saw this Lorien!
Only issue, living in NJ/NY with its draconian knife laws, the smaller the blade, the less chance of a cop hassling you. Nevertheless will take a look at the DEK1

Last edited:
Of course, Nathan is more qualified to answer @NUTRAMAC's question. Piggybacking on that
1. Nathan what would be the weight of the UF with the dagger grind option? Just curious
2. There is one segment which you haven't entered yet- a concealed/in-pocket carry hard use knife. Any plans?

The EDC2 scales are more slim than than the EDC, and they appear flatter than the Strider Dub’s scales. Also if you get them in micarta, they would be lighter than the G10 on the Dub. You could also take the scales off and do a cord wrap. Then you would have a flat, light weight EDC in Delta 3V. As an added bonus, the appearance of the EDC2 looks more utilitarian as opposed to the Dub’s tactical look which could be better for the NJ/NY area when dealing with law enforcement.

Last edited:
U guys are right. I've been tempted to do that ever since I saw Lorien have a cord wrapped EDC(maybe he can correct me if I am mistaken if it wasn't an EDC) in one of his pics. The scales look so beautiful - that was holding me back

XizQNzJ.jpg

The soon to be ex Mrs. Bezos will be one of the most eligible bachelorettes soon. Would I have a chance to make myself an instant billionaire? Does the name future Mrs. Bozo appeal to her? Should we have Tommy come out of his poll taking retirement to put this issue to a poll? :confused:

Random thought:

The speed of light is a constant.

The progression of time clearly is not.

In the hours leading up to a CPK sale, for example, time radically slows down except for that last moment before the bell when it instantaneously accelerates again. Again, we observe this non-constant behavior of time AFTER a sale, when time seems to drag more and more, and even exacerbated with every "update" from the postal system, where it approaches zero when the knife is actually out for delivery. Oddly, this phenomena is made even worse when I happen to be stuck at some unavoidable thing, like a meeting, or my daughter's piano recital.

(I got the shipping notice for a UF from last week's sale. Heaven help me - there is a weekend between now and the expected delivery window. I'm going to be 90 before this thing arrives and all my friends and family will not have aged but 3 actual days)

Random thought:

The speed of light is a constant.

The progression of time clearly is not.

In the hours leading up to a CPK sale, for example, time radically slows down except for that last moment before the bell when it instantaneously accelerates again. Again, we observe this non-constant behavior of time AFTER a sale, when time seems to drag more and more, and even exacerbated with every "update" from the postal system, where it approaches zero when the knife is actually out for delivery. Oddly, this phenomena is made even worse when I happen to be stuck at some unavoidable thing, like a meeting, or my daughter's piano recital.

(I got the shipping notice for a UF from last week's sale. Heaven help me - there is a weekend between now and the expected delivery window. I'm going to be 90 before this thing arrives and all my friends and family will not have aged but 3 actual days)
Congrats:thumbsup:I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find the UF is much more than just a (Fighter);)

So just for fun I searched on that auction site for "CPK". Little did I know that there were so many Cabbage Patch Kids...

At least you didn't get frozen pizza offerings by California Pizza Kitchen!

If you search by Nathan's last name, you will see some EDCs by Nathan's authorized dealer, some leather sheaths by one of the makers on here and an oddball used FK.

Back