Random Thought Thread

In other news, Grog is still alive and kicking. I just heard from the farker or whomever it is who has his phone! I gotta check on my boy once in a while ‘cause you’d never know with that crazy summabich.

I had forgotten who had asked about Dan last week (>mb?) but that’s the latest, I.e, alive and still wayward as fooque!

For what it's worth, I post the sales at 3:00 almost exactly by the atomic clock, but for reason it sometimes takes forever to load...
Aha! I’d been wondering why the thread doesn’t show up until several seconds after the hour (judging it by computer time, which I presume is atomic clock-driven). Now I know! I have to confess--I was starting to wonder if you were messing with the “Quick Draw McGraw’s” of the crowd. I should’ve known it was the digital/mechanical vagaries of the internet.

Another random thought:

IMHO, the CPK-HDFK pound for pound and $ for $, is the BEST CPK out there and that's quite a feat being anointed as your Unc. Matty's most fave CPK among so many great CPKs!

The HDFK offers the best value, finish, ergos, size, strength, hardness, toughness, prettiness, awesomeness, magamagamaganess and then even more nesses on top of all that!

To think that one managed to get one of those in their first offerings (before the 2018) with all the bells and whistles for less than 4 Bill$, I thank my gawd of the Multiverse that Nathan graduated the Harvard Business School with flying colors :p

I pity the (none owning) fools who pass on that pattern whenever they show up on the secondary market being flung around their original CPK prices even after the CPK price increases. Heck, if I was in charge of anything of substance or authority, I'd allow CPK to be in a special tax bracket with massive subsidies to buy back all the HDFKs loose in the wild so that they can sell it back for 2 x as much (Capitalism baby!) in a few.

This has been your random rant Unc. Matty p*mping Saturday as I must keep that p*mping hand strong. I'm off to Costco soon so you kiddies have a great weekend :D

Bluemax_1, with your concerns being that strong over the spread of CWD and the possibility of contamination in locations or objects and possible infection of your person, have you considered maybe that you don't want to be running a knife inside a deer at all anymore? Not getting on you, and I understand the concern for sure. It's just that if it is on you mind that strongly, it seems the more pressing concern would be whether or not to not find yourself elbow deep in a deer rather than what scales were on the knife?

Edit: For the record, I am not some anti-hunting pusscake. I would happily be elbow deep in one right next to you.
To avoid derailing the DEK1 thread further, I opted to reply here.

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind. They have the elbow length disposable gloves available, specifically for field dressing, and the ability to send a sample in for testing for CWD prior to consumption (which can also help identify additional areas with infected animals).

The question though, is at what point does an individual decide that the risk simply isn't worth the reward?

To avoid derailing the DEK1 thread further, I opted to reply here.

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind. They have the elbow length disposable gloves available, specifically for field dressing, and the ability to send a sample in for testing for CWD prior to consumption (which can also help identify additional areas with infected animals).

The question though, is at what point does an individual decide that the risk simply isn't worth the reward?
I appreciate getting this out of the DEK thread, should have done that myself.

Your last question is exactly what I meant, just gotta figure if you even wanna risk it at all before worrying about what the knife is scaled with. Tough call to make, 'cuz Bambi is delicious.

Another random thought:

IMHO, the CPK-HDFK pound for pound and $ for $, is the BEST CPK out there and that's quite a feat being anointed as your Unc. Matty's most fave CPK among so many great CPKs!

The HDFK offers the best value, finish, ergos, size, strength, hardness, toughness, prettiness, awesomeness, magamagamaganess and then even more nesses on top of all that!

To think that one managed to get one of those in their first offerings (before the 2018) with all the bells and whistles for less than 4 Bill$, I thank my gawd of the Multiverse that Nathan graduated the Harvard Business School with flying colors :p

I pity the (none owning) fools who pass on that pattern whenever they show up on the secondary market being flung around their original CPK prices even after the CPK price increases. Heck, if I was in charge of anything of substance or authority, I'd allow CPK to be in a special tax bracket with massive subsidies to buy back all the HDFKs loose in the wild so that they can sell it back for 2 x as much (Capitalism baby!) in a few.

This has been your random rant Unc. Matty p*mping Saturday as I must keep that p*mping hand strong. I'm off to Costco soon so you kiddies have a great weekend :D
Can’t beat a HDFK! :cool:

I appreciate getting this out of the DEK thread, should have done that myself.

Your last question is exactly what I meant, just gotta figure if you even wanna risk it at all before worrying about what the knife is scaled with. Tough call to make, 'cuz Bambi is delicious.
Yeah. Gloves, G10 scales, sending in samples for testing before consumption, seem like reasonable precautions to me, but that could change.

CWD is the main reason I've become reticent about accepting venison from folks. From talking to them, there are a lot of folks who simply don't think about it.

And yes, venison IS delicious :D

when its 12:30AM on Saturday night/Sunday Morning and you are really bummed out because your first two CPK's are 3 days delayed by USPS's finest and you can only lust after CPK pictures on the internet.
And then you realize Monday is a USPS holiday and tomorrow is Sunday, and then you cry a little.

yep, that about sums up my typical luck. haha
stuck with USPS facility 15 mins from my house. Been moving to next facility for 3 days now.
But I try and see a silver lining in everything, now the wife wont be home again when the mail is delivered next. Score!

when its 12:30AM on Saturday night/Sunday Morning and you are really bummed out because your first two CPK's are 3 days delayed by USPS's finest and you can only lust after CPK pictures on the internet.
And then you realize Monday is a USPS holiday and tomorrow is Sunday, and then you cry a little.

yep, that about sums up my typical luck. haha
stuck with USPS facility 15 mins from my house. Been moving to next facility for 3 days now.
But I try and see a silver lining in everything, now the wife wont be home again when the mail is delivered next. Score!
You kind of lucked out on haveing your wife gone when the mail is delivered, my EDC/3 and UFK were scheduled for delivery the 14th, but were delivered the 15th, her day off!:eek: I’m sure glad I got her lilies, they look good on my grave site.:rolleyes::D

You kind of lucked out on haveing your wife gone when the mail is delivered, my EDC/3 and UFK were scheduled for delivery the 14th, but were delivered the 15th, her day off!:eek: I’m sure glad I got her lilies, they look good on my grave site.:rolleyes::D

Damn we are cheap bastards. Lol
You got lillies.....i got mine tulips.

So far lucked out.
At this rate, i hope its its not delayed until her next day off. I have enough grey hair as is.

Hmm! Very interesting: another Co (shall remain nameless specially around these parts) has apparently had a brainf*rt to call their next small knife *******! EDC-3. Now by the time if/when that one comes to fruition, CPK will be probably onto their CPK-103 series :D

But interestingly the last 2-3 of their renditions which I've gleaned at does not bear the stamp of the kind of steel which CPK has become famous for. There must be things we don't know and we shouldn't know but I'm a sleuth (kinda) and also very curious. If it is what I think it is, I'd say good on Ya Mate ;)

Back