Random Thought Thread

How many screws does it take to change a lightbulb? If you're talking about a Romi D400 machining center work light the answer is 29 of the effing things. although in all fairness there are two bulbs in there...

AqBbETc.jpg

We had farming stuff today. Moving some 3rd period cows to fall pastures. One already had an early calf. He got special attention. Helps to be clean cute, and fuzzy! No matter how many there are, they always are fun to hold in the first couple days.

4imHEaXl.jpg

He got to ride in the AC.

hC1QZVNl.jpg

another example of one needing a ride!

PmO06XCl.jpg

We never had calves with anyone but my ugly ass to show off. Does that calf have some Simmental in him? He's a long legged mofrackey. We were into dairy cows but we milked them ourselves when I was a kid. We bred the most beautiful calves you'd ever see though, Holstein crossed with Simmental's. They were huge badass monsters but man their calves were ridiculous, we had to pull the average calf with a tractor or a come-along. I had a bucket-fed calf that ended up hitting 1800 lbs after a lean year, I'm still mad at dad for getting rid of him and that was 25 years ago. Badass dude like Bull-Moose, going for butcher. It was just criminal.

Does that calf have some Simmental in him? He's long legged. We bred the most beautiful calves you'd ever see though, Holstein crossed with Simmental's. They were huge badass monsters but man their calves were ridiculous, we had to pull the average calf with a tractor or a come-along. I had a bucket-fed calf that ended up hitting 1800 lbs after a lean year, I'm still mad at dad for getting rid of him and that was 25 years ago. Badass dude like Bull-Moose, going for butcher. It was just criminal.

Hey Grog, pulling calves is something we hope never happens. We have done it a couple times in 20 years. We select for low birth weight EPD's and blood lines. I helped my neighbor and vet use come along to pull Holstein calves. Simmental cattle have fallen our of popularity, and are rarely seen in this part of the Mid west. I know a fellow in SD that has a lot of them.

We have mostly Red Angus, North Devon, and Gelbvieh bloodlines. We have been breeding purebred Gelbvieh the last 4 years, and now are going back to Angus again. We have several 2,000 lb bulls. All are tame except one. If they get to fighting in breeding season, a new steel sucker rod rod fence and barbed wire will go down like a dozer drove through it. We only allow doclile bloodlines, and years of selecting for that have paid off.

Okay, okay! I am a dog lover to! Here is the house dog, and we love her. Someone threw her out the car door about 2 years ago, and we found her near death in the woods. The girls nursed her along, and now she is queen of the house, camper, ATV, etc.

BjFOnfVl.jpg

p24EeGol.jpg

Here is Jabba doing his job. he is a hero around here.

How many screws does it take to change a lightbulb? If you're talking about a Romi D400 machining center work light the answer is 29 of the effing things. although in all fairness there are two bulbs in there...

Why did the bulb(s) go out? A power surge perhaps?

We had farming stuff today. Moving some 3rd period cows to fall pastures. One already had an early calf. He got special attention. Helps to be clean cute, and fuzzy! No matter how many there are, they always are fun to hold in the first couple days.

4imHEaXl.jpg

He got to ride in the AC.

I have always enjoyed being around cows.. especially the calves. Their docile nature is calming. I miss living near pastures.

I'd like a good steak. Or veal picatta.

EDIT: As soon as I wrote the above, I thought "bite your tongue, Bob!". And then, without thinking, actually bit my tongue.

Okay, okay! I am a dog lover to! Here is the house dog, and we love her. Someone threw her out the car door about 2 years ago, and we found her near death in the woods. The girls nursed her along, and now she is queen of the house, camper, ATV, etc.

BjFOnfVl.jpg

p24EeGol.jpg

Here is Jabba doing his job. he is a hero around here.

Great job on saving that little pup and Jabba is an awesome herder!

I have always enjoyed being around cows.. especially the calves. Their docile nature is calming. I miss living near pastures.

I would have never, ever guessed that you even remotely liked cows! What a revelation :p

I'd like a good steak. Or veal picatta.

EDIT: As soon as I wrote the above, I thought "bite your tongue, Bob!". And then, without thinking, actually bit my tongue.

That means that your neurons are well connected and firing on time. May your other thought come true too. Well, the good ones anyway :D

I'm just bummed that I will not be able to personally witness the total Solar eclipse this Monday from my perch in Southern Cali :( Oh well, the alternative is watching it live on the Science Channel, a channel that I'm perpetually glued to anyway.

Back