Random Thought Thread

I was more of a Mickey's kid...
W75777_Mic_Web_Home_Desktop_and_Mobile_Home_970x1000_1.jpg

I did always enjoy the pictograms under the grenade caps.

When we were in school my brother worked at a little French Café. They had some old Grolsch in the back of the cooler that was skunked and were throwing it out. He brought it back and was going to go through them and see if any were still drinkable. They weren't. I didn't know the plan, saw them in the fridge and opened one. It was pretty gnarly. But damn if I was going to open one of my brother's expensive beers and not drink it. Goddamn. I still can't drink Grolsch to this day.
Lol!

Not beer, but we did that with orange juice once.

Always got the usual Minute Maid OJ, and one day, we saw a different brand at the store, and we asked my mom if we could try it.

It was a little tart, and had a little zing to it. Maybe the bubbles should've given it away lol! But it was a brand we'd never tried, so we had no idea what to expect.

We all decided that it was different, but we actually kind of liked it, so we bought another carton when it was finished. First glass from the 2nd carton, "Hey, this is just regular OJ!? What the... Ohhhhh...".

I wish the CPKer’s west of me would wake up. I’m having trouble resisting that D2 EDC on the exchange!

I saw that last night when freshly posted. I’m shocked seeing that it’s still there! Lightly used and touched up means nothing on that CPK pattern. Yup they used to be $40 less when they were brand new but that was circa 2017 before CPK raised its own prices across the board. Plus good luck finding them in D2s. I already have one which I paid way more for but I’m even temped now :eek:

It’s not cool for a pedestrian observer to make comments in a sales thread about a potential flaw, specially something as crucial as an edge related perceived “flaw”. ALWAYS TAKE TO PM MAN!!! Also, the sellers better learn to do their own goal tending if they want to inspire confidence in their offerings to nip things in the bud before something benign turns into a “defect” :rolleyes:

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist ,
Please consider making your post about the ordering procedures a Sticky (if you just knew a moderator who could help....) Edited - Thanks for doing that.

Second, do you expect a flood of emails, out of order from the sales thread, or even people who were not in the top 10 or 20 spots? Seems like chaos. No need to answer, just food for thought. You keep us knuckleheads in order pretty well, but if something makes your life easier - then' we will happily get on board.

[Second edit] - see that step 1 required to include the post number from the sales thread. That was not mentioned in the first version of Jo's instructions. This seems like a good idea!

Last edited:
Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist ,
Please consider making your post about the ordering procedures a Sticky (if you just knew a moderator who could help....) Edited - Thanks for doing that.

Second, do you expect a flood of emails, out of order from the sales thread, or even people who were not in the top 10 or 20 spots? Seems like chaos. No need to answer, just food for thought. You keep us knuckleheads in order pretty well, but if something makes your life easier - then' we will happily get on board.

[Second edit] - see that step 1 required to include the post number from the sales thread. That was not mentioned in the first version of Jo's instructions. This seems like a good idea!
Thanks Tony! I knew I forgot something!

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist

Regarding the new order procedures...

It might be even more clear/concise (as well as helpful) to include both the date and the name of sale or pre-order in the a subject line when sending you an email:

If you claim a knife in a sale, please send an email to Jo at jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com. A good subject line would be: "Knife sale post #X"

If you claim a knife in a sale, please send an email to Jo at jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com. A good subject line would be:
"05/10/19 CPK Medium Chopper knife sale post #1"
or
"06/07/19 CPK "KoD" Pre-Order sale post #1"

Here is my project the last 3 weeks. A 1880's style red oak cabin. Just wet oak, saw mill run, logs. Heavy! A customer of mine begged us to build it for them. Not something I have done much of in the last 20 years.

tASzcgp.jpg

PEg9GZb.jpg

This saw has a 16 1/2 inch blade. It is 35 years old.

Tx3JYZ7.jpg

Here is my project the last 3 weeks. A 1880's style red oak cabin. Just wet oak, saw mill run, logs. Heavy! A customer of mine begged us to build it for them. Not something I have done much of in the last 20 years.

tASzcgp.jpg

PEg9GZb.jpg

This saw has a 16 1/2 inch blade. It is 35 years old.

Tx3JYZ7.jpg

That is one heck of a project :thumbsup:

Yeah mine has this damn annoying writing or symbolism on it ... *kicks dirt* I always get the defective merch !

This place sure going to hell ... what's next? ... I suppose you'll tell me they are gonna slap a hunk of steel between those comfy hand thingamajiggers ... pffft ... foolish talk I say !!!

Last edited:
Back