Random Thought Thread

Happy Mother’s Day! BMFs!:p
LNIpQaY.jpg

Last edited:
There's a sales thread with actually a good number of CPK. Where I am struggling to see the credibility of the sale is that there are some fairly high end (apparently, to my admittedly complete cluelessness)... um... light sabers? Everybody has their thing, I suppose. I'm not sure why I find this as silly as I do. Maybe it's because they are described with such mainstream specs and notes on their condition. It's like they are "real light sabers"! I mean, we all know they are toys, right? Right?

I'd just hate for some unsuspecting basement dweller to happen along and think they were getting a real one....

There's a sales thread with actually a good number of CPK. Where I am struggling to see the credibility of the sale is that there are some fairly high end (apparently, to my admittedly complete cluelessness)... um... light sabers? Everybody has their thing, I suppose. I'm not sure why I find this as silly as I do. Maybe it's because they are described with such mainstream specs and notes on their condition. It's like they are "real light sabers"! I mean, we all know they are toys, right? Right?

I'd just hate for some unsuspecting basement dweller to happen along and think they were getting a real one....

Apologies, major brain*rt. Nothing to see.

That is why at the very beginning some of us wanted to come up with a thread to accumulate information on the primary bevel edge angles, for all CPK patterns. Such information is not only useful when it comes to sharpening while using a fixed pivot sharpening system but it is also useful for secondary market originals vs tampered with edge angles which is something that must absolutely be disclosed to unsuspecting buyers. To term as just sharpened does not tell the whole story because there's a reason as to why Nathan sharpens his CPK patterns at the angles which he deems correct, according to his exhaustive experimentations and tests to achieve the edge which he deems best to fit the knife and the purposed intended for.

Last edited:
That is why at the very beginning some of us wanted to come up with a thread to accumulate information on the primary bevel edge angles, for all CPK patterns. Such information is not only useful when it comes to sharpening while using a fixed pivot sharpening system but it is also useful for secondary market originals vs tampered with edge angles which is something that must absolutely be disclosed to unsuspecting buyers. To term as just sharpened does not tell the whole story because there's a reason as to why Nathan sharpens his CPK patterns at the angles which he deems correct, according to his exhaustive experimentations and tests to achieve the edge which he deems best to fit the knife and the purposed intended for.

Sharpening is one thing, but dueled or not dueled.... that is the question :cool:

You should buy one of the lightsabers and rehandle it in wood

Me and my wife have been section hiking the Appalachian Trail for a few years. I don’t know how much news coverage the recent attack/murder on the AT has gotten (I found no mention of it on BF), but I can’t believe how it all went down. There was repeated interaction between the nutjob and the people he attacked. I’m a bit stupefied. When we are out there we carry a big can of bear spray. Beyond that we have carbide tipped hiking poles. And of course, I have no less than three knives with me.
The part I’m having a problem with is how much slack these people gave him.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not blaming the victims. I just can’t fathom being that tolerant.

You got that right, somebody should have fed that wacko to the bears a long time ago with a little pepper spray on him for seasoning. Just because you meet someone out in the woods doesn't mean you should turn off the radar. That particular problem was going on for a long while.

Me and my wife have been section hiking the Appalachian Trail for a few years. I don’t know how much news coverage the recent attack/murder on the AT has gotten (I found no mention of it on BF), but I can’t believe how it all went down. There was repeated interaction between the nutjob and the people he attacked. I’m a bit stupefied. When we are out there we carry a big can of bear spray. Beyond that we have carbide tipped hiking poles. And of course, I have no less than three knives with me.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not blaming the victims. I just can’t fathom being that tolerant.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-appalachian-trail-in-virginia-idUSKCN1SJ1H7

Every time I read about one of these type of predatory crimes, it reminds me that some of these criminals can target vulnerable sheeple just like wolves smelling blood.

Plus, kids nowadays fight a lot less than when I was raised in the 70's. They don't know how to scrap, matter of fact, they don't even know how to handle a real physical threat for the most part. I'd bet 75% of millennials have never been in a fist fight in their entire lives.

In one regard that's a good thing-- it shows we're raising kids to be more kind and empathetic in general. But in the chance event that one of these "nice" kids/adults gets faced with a violent sociopath hell bent on destruction they're at a real disadvantage... it's like when the weasel got in the henhouse.

If you were raised in my neighborhood, in my era, we had radar for these kind of toughs and we knew how to sort em out, too.

Last edited:
What a damn shame.

The old adage “I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6” comes to mind in instances like this.

Back