Random Thought Thread

I saved a guy from drowning in a lake a couple years ago. When I was a kid my uncle saved me from drowning in the ocean, too.

I'm afraid green isn't a primary color...the primary pigment colors are red, blue and yellow; the primary colors of light are cyan, magenta and yellow. I will note that in the Japanese language there is no distinction between the colors blue and green.

I think that those are the two primary colors which dogs and cats are able to receive. Unlike us humans, they don't have the necessary receptors for red, so they see the world with more shades of blue & green. I could very well be wrong though!
And deer. Deer are far more sensitive to blue than humans are. Reds (and blaze orange), not so much.

. I will note that in the Japanese language there is no distinction between the colors blue and green.
Lol! This just reminded me of something I'd forgotten!

Back in college, one of my buddies was an exchange student from Japan. We're all in a car at a traffic light, he looks up and says, "Hey, the right is brue".

"Wait, did you say the light is blue? What the heck does that mean?".

- "Brue means 'Go'"

"You mean the light is Green, and green means Go?"

- "Oh, you call that Green? We call that color Brue".

I saved a guy from drowning in a lake a couple years ago. When I was a kid my uncle saved me from drowning in the ocean, too.

I'm afraid green isn't a primary color...the primary pigment colors are red, blue and yellow; the primary colors of light are cyan, magenta and yellow. I will note that in the Japanese language there is no distinction between the colors blue and green.
I thought red, green and blue are the primary colors for light.
RGB light
RYB pigments

I thought red, green and blue are the primary colors for light.
RGB light
RYB pigments
Damn I think you're right too. I just looked it up and it looks like there are additive and subtractive trichromatic color models. Red, green and blue are "additive primary colors" which concern optical combinations of colored light sources. Cyan magenta are "subtractive primary colors" used to model pigment mixing with a white light source.

Damn I think you're right too. I just looked it up and it looks like there are additive and subtractive trichromatic color models. Red, green and blue are "additive primary colors" which concern optical combinations of colored light sources. Cyan magenta are "subtractive primary colors" used to model pigment mixing with a white light source.

I’m at work pulling in some new floor box circuits.
View attachment 1128975

I just stopped to stretch and looked up at the ceiling above me. There are dance floor lights.
View attachment 1128976 View attachment 1128977
I laughed and had to take picture.

I’m at work pulling in some new floor box circuits.
View attachment 1128975

I just stopped to stretch and looked up at the ceiling above me. There are dance floor lights.
View attachment 1128976 View attachment 1128977
I laughed and had to take picture.
Looks like a fun place!

Now I wonder how many OCD folks are triggered by the non-aligned lights? I know folks who are so OCD, they're triggered by screw heads that aren't all timed/aligned the same lol.

I'm sorry about this

Yeah, I'm gonna make my knives for the old Blade Show
I'm gonna grind 'til I can't no more
I'm gonna take my knives to the Table Fo’
I'm gonna grind 'til I can't no more

I got the mori in the back
Ramp up drive was wack
Rigid tapping stack
Axis movement I can handle that

Ridin' on a forklift
You can check your sources
I been in bladesportses
You ain't been up off that porch, now

Can't nobody tell me nothin'

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0190514-bexo5kv26fcffpsec646tsq56q-story.html

Sheesh... “I had my pocketknife in my pocket,” Kaser said of the late-April accident. “I said, ‘The only way I’m getting out of here is to cut it off,’ so I just started sawing at it.”

That is EXACTLY why I always carry a really sharp CPK with me at all times. I don’t want to self amputate a limb with some BS knife that won’t hold a good edge. If I am gonna cut off my own leg, I want to do it with a knife I can be proud of. :thumbsup:

My brother was out hiking with his boys, a few days after they all watched 27 Hours.

His youngest, about age 9 at the time was scrambling in some rocks and had a decent size rock (sockerball size) shift and pinch his foot. It literally just caught the tread of his tennis shoe...

But he completely lost his ever loving mind! He thought his dad was going to have to cut his foot off. Convinced it was all over but the sharpening and sawing...

Back