Random Thought Thread

image.jpeg My brother sent me this photo from my Father's homestead in Wyoming where he is camped with friend's in anticipation of Monday's eclipse. This spot is dead center in the path of the eclipse. I am in awe of God's glory and to think this was my Father's nightly view as a child.

Oscar. Lost him this May.

BbROMZ3.jpg

LxCE8cy.jpg

y1AUalZ.jpg

oaPsCz6.jpg

eNJgbsd.jpg

He was 8 1/2 in the last pic, around 90# most of his life, and healthy as can be before the cancer showed up. Was down to 66# the last day I brought him in but still a happy camper.

F you, cancer. Asshole.

Sorry if I overdid it the pics. I miss him.

BbROMZ3.jpg

LxCE8cy.jpg

y1AUalZ.jpg

oaPsCz6.jpg

eNJgbsd.jpg

He was 8 1/2 in the last pic, around 90# most of his life, and healthy as can be before the cancer showed up. Was down to 66# the last day I brought him in but still a happy camper.

F you, cancer. Asshole.

It looks like he had a good life with a good buddy. He looks pretty freaking happy in all those pictures.

BbROMZ3.jpg

LxCE8cy.jpg

y1AUalZ.jpg

oaPsCz6.jpg

eNJgbsd.jpg

F you, cancer. Asshole.

Since we are now reminiscing about our best friends in the past, I also miss our Coal :(

I had to euthanize him due to cancer on March 2nd 2016 when he was 10 years and a few months. He was one big and strong Lab / Retriever / Boarder Collie mix circa 110 lb.! his wrestling matches with my German Shepherd who was much younger at the time were epic stuff :D

But he went down and succumbed to C, really, really fast. In retrospect, I wish that I was better prepared to send him to Doggie Heaven from Home. Taking him to the vet to do it there was harrowing for us both. He went along his final journey in my arms and I sobbed like a little girl!

MoS's pic from earlier on with his black Lab reminded me of my time with Coal. He was a wonderful, SWEET and loyal family dog. Here's to our Big Boy Coal:

PMZpvN1.jpg

Our first dog (my wife has always been a cat person), 8 month old Mini Aussie named Indiana ;). After 6 months with him she doesn't know how we got along without him before :)

~Chip

Last edited:

BbROMZ3.jpg

LxCE8cy.jpg

y1AUalZ.jpg

oaPsCz6.jpg

eNJgbsd.jpg

F you, cancer. Asshole.

Shit. I'm sorry to hear that Trev.

I hope when I die there is a mixup and instead of of going to hell, I end up in Doge Heaven :D

That would be a happy little accident.

Used to have a dog. Mom has a cat. Waiting until the kids grow up a bit before bringing a puppy back home.

Back