Random Thought Thread

I eat a banana for breakfast every morning! I mow an acre yard with a push mower, run and backpack and sweat profusely, no cramps! Staying in shape and pushing yourself to muscle failure helps with cramps as well.

i have a banana probably 5-6 times a week on average, do none of that other stuff, and no cramps either! Bananas FTW! :D

Last edited:
The official Blade Show haul:)

20190613_1417332.jpg

Hubertus Pen blade release auto
Diskin Revolution Scale release auto
Ultimate Defense Assassin
Evan Miller (@millere) EDC Bowie;)
Emerson Gentleman Jim (an amazing gift from @Quiet )
Titanium comb from Spectrum Energetics
A.G. Russell Titanium Funny Folder (always wanted one of these:D)
We (Civivi) knives pen (won in an awesome giveaway from @henkh )

All arrived safe and sound to home base...I can breathe now;)

Cool...I have one of the S&W double edge SwingBlades that's very similar to that Funny Folder, but not titanium:oops:

How is Cvhris doing?

Last edited:
I occasionally get a heinous middle back spasm. It can be completely debilitating and cause a muscle injury that can take weeks to heal. The trick is to stop it before it gets going in a feedback and once it's really started badly the only thing I can do is take a strong muscle relaxer and a powerful narcotic pain killer with some alcohol (don't judge, it's a potentiator, analgesic and muscle relaxer) and sit in an ergo chair and try to relax. It took many years to figure this out. It works but when it gets to that point my day is totally shot.

I've been experimenting with CBD oil and used it a couple times on some minor back spasms that would probably have gone away on their own with some relaxation techniques and it appeared to work. Today I got hit with the real thing and used the CBD oil and got it under control without having to resort to the powerful pills. It's a sample size of one, but it did prevent the need for getting all doped up and literally saved the day.

I have similar, a combination of injuries and a recent car accident. There is a company in Oregon, they go by the same name where the two secondary bevels on a knife edge meets. It’s all Organic Hemp based, cold pressed and there are 3 potencies available. I haven’t taken any pills since I started it and my liver thanks me.

I’m still working like a slave and can pick up and play with my kids. Previously some days all I could do is lay in a specific position and barely move after work.

I’m thrilled with it.

Yep. Marathoners/endurance athletes either drink electrolyte replacement drinks (there are better options than Gatorade, but you can also dilute Gatorade), or carry salt tabs.

Learned that the hard way on an 80 mile ride on my road bike, as a teen. Lost a lot of salt from sweating. Just water replaced the water, but not the salt.

Jeannie uses Gu packs on her marathons. She'll go through about 6 or 7 in a marathon. They are chock full of electrolytes, a little caffeine and amino acids. They help the body process the water better and keep you from getting cramped.

I occasionally get a heinous middle back spasm. It can be completely debilitating and cause a muscle injury that can take weeks to heal. The trick is to stop it before it gets going in a feedback and once it's really started badly the only thing I can do is take a strong muscle relaxer and a powerful narcotic pain killer with some alcohol (don't judge, it's a potentiator, analgesic and muscle relaxer) and sit in an ergo chair and try to relax. It took many years to figure this out. It works but when it gets to that point my day is totally shot.

I've been experimenting with CBD oil and used it a couple times on some minor back spasms that would probably have gone away on their own with some relaxation techniques and it appeared to work. Today I got hit with the real thing and used the CBD oil and got it under control without having to resort to the powerful pills. It's a sample size of one, but it did prevent the need for getting all doped up and literally saved the day.

Some CBDs are made from hemp, those are legal everywhere now I believe. The other CBDs are made from MJ flowers with high THC quantities, those are regulated but work even better and faster, still only CBD in them, so they won’t get you high and ruin your day.
Whenever you can get a medical card and get medical grade, I would recommend it. Even if MJ is recreational in your state, if they offer a medical card you get higher quality, and stronger meds than what’s made for the recreational users.
CBDs are great, my wife had an injury on her wrist that wouldn’t go away for almost a year. It started to look bad like a continuous bruise that kept getting worse. CBD cream fixed it in 2 weeks, it felt better right away but was no longer visible after only 2 weeks. It had been there for 10 months. She was always in pain and favoring that wrist. Now I never see her favoring it. She discontinued use after the 2 weeks and it never came back.
CBD gummies have helped me with allergies, believe it or not, CBDs replace alot of bad big Pharmaceutical drugs that hurt people permanently.
Glad to hear the CBDs work for you:)

Back