Random Thought Thread

OK, so lately I've been fascinated with watching documentaries and reading articles about us, Homo-sapiens and our extinct cousins the Neanderthals. For a long time I used to think that the Neanderthals were pea brains despite being larger and brawnier physical specimens, hence all brawn and no brains stereotype but that was not the case at all! In fact the Neanderthals had larger skulls and an estimated 10% more in brain mass but they turned out to be sh*t for brains as compared to the smaller, weaker yet craftier Sapiens!

As it turns out, our cavemen ancestors tended to stretch their tribes behind the immediate family members and the inbreeding as opposed to the Neanderthals which just stayed in very small cluster of inbred family members. It turns out that for centuries and millennials the Neanderthals used the same basic tools made from shaping stones and things whereas the Sapiens improved upon them by leaps and bounds because it turns out that the last neanderthals always preferred to take the path of least resistance but the Sapiens did not shy away from changing the status quo. One reason being that our brains actually sap a lot of our calorical energy so chewing tree roots and thinking did not really go well together until fire was discovered and hence meat based food was a lot easier to cook and to digest!

Case in point: whoever insists on the phrase, if it ain't broke, don't fix it is not always right! Taking the path of least resistance surpasses creativity and leads to demise / extinction :D

C7C497A7-487C-429C-84D9-80B6BF1C92E5.jpeg

LOL, funny!

Nah, I got Curiosity channel streaming when they were basically giving it away at like $2 per month with one year of subscription. Granted that most of their stuff is actually BBC which was basically free when I was in England (IIRC back in the day, every household had to pay a one time annual TV license fee). But yeah, I've been very happy with Curiosity because all these other channels like History and Discovery started producing and showing "realty" based sh*t shows!

Big Damn Box arrived Yesterday from CPK
EUlsavr.jpg

View attachment 1152860

Back