Random Thought Thread

And the PayPal FF is still a violation no?

I brought the conversation here because I didn't want to clutter the WTB/S/T thread.

Strangely, no asking for F&F payment still is not in violation! However, the "net to me" is now a definite violation! The new rule states that the quoted price must be THE PRICE including shipping, insurance, signature and the whole nine years but it still does not ban asking F&F vs G&S.

One ought to eschew F&F payment when dealing with complete strangers but there have been cases when I dealt with forumites and I sent F&F, well because I consider those as my CPK friends :) Also asking additionally for International shipping is not against the rules and it's a tolerated practice, just FYI.

338.5 hours of my labour
20 hours administrative
1000 kilometres driving
27 hours drive time
81 site visits
1 year of my life
Q04LBN4.jpg

in the can.

You omitted to add your numeration package! How many bags of cashew nuts?

Weird, but understandable.

“In the can” or “can it” always meant it was shit or trash when I was growing up near military bases or working on construction sites.

Different strokes for different folks: To someone like El Chapo it probably meant to put all them white powder in jalapeño cans destined up north as condiments for hot tamales. LOL!

Weird, but understandable.

“In the can” or “can it” always meant it was shit or trash when I was growing up near military bases or working on construction sites.
Colloquialisms can be endlessly amusing, due to confusion caused by regional/industry differences:

A Brit request to "Check under that bonnet", could have the wrong/right person looking around to spot the pretty Amish gal.

The same request by someone else, to said Brit, to "Pop that hood", might make the Brit look around for the thug they're supposed to punch in the face.

In the middle of an objective test in college, I had to desperately control my laughter as I watched a Malaysian student in front of me, lean over and ask a pretty gal, "Excuse me, but do you have a rubber?"

The gal whispers hotly, "What?!!!". The guy repeats, "Can I borrow a rubber?" The gal goes, "Are you fucking serious?!!!". While doing my best to not laugh out loud, I had to whisper, "He means an eraser. That's what they call them, where he's from" (I hung out with a fair number of foreign students in college).:p

Colloquialisms can be endlessly amusing, due to confusion caused by regional/industry differences:

A Brit request to "Check under that bonnet", could have the wrong/right person looking around to spot the pretty Amish gal.

The same request by someone else, to said Brit, to "Pop that hood", might make the Brit look around for the thug they're supposed to punch in the face.

In the middle of an objective test in college, I had to desperately control my laughter as I watched a Malaysian student in front of me, lean over and ask a pretty gal, "Excuse me, but do you have a rubber?"

The gal whispers hotly, "What?!!!". The guy repeats, "Can I borrow a rubber?" The gal goes, "Are you fucking serious?!!!". While doing my best to not laugh out loud, I had to whisper, "He means an eraser. That's what they call them, where he's from" (I hung out with a fair number of foreign students in college).:p

Yup rubber is an eraser and the other rubber is a johnny or a sheath if you wanna be polite! :p

Back