Random Thought Thread

And Sadie can join in on lion hunts?

Eta... I can split wood for days if that helps anyone here.

:D

Sadie (or maybe the doberdachshund) looks like she could be coaxed into being 'bitey', so yes! Also Gus looks like he might have the appropriate level of crazy needed for bear. I think it's a go bud! :D

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day!!

Where can one find just the scales? I love the scales on my HDFK and would like to put the same ones (any color) on my custom knife. Do people sell just the scales and hardware or do I buy them from CPK website?

I will give you a response in here because we try to keep the WTB/S/T thread chat free:

AFAIK, CPK does not offer custom made scales for other "custom" knives. There was time (rumored) that the Carothers used to make handle scales on a larger commercial level for another popular maker (makers?) but Nathan closely guards his none-CPK activities (after all, he was, is and will be a machinist first and foremost).

If you are specifically looking for HDFK handle scales for your HDFK, your options will most likely be very, very limited but you can constantly look up the WTB/S/T thread or send Mrs. Jo Carothers an email to enquire.

Back