Random Thought Thread

I will give you a response in here because we try to keep the WTB/S/T thread chat free:

AFAIK, CPK does not offer custom made scales for other "custom" knives. There was time (rumored) that the Carothers used to make handle scales on a larger commercial level for another popular maker (makers?) but Nathan closely guards his none-CPK activities (after all, he was, is and will be a machinist first and foremost).

If you are specifically looking for HDFK handle scales for your HDFK, your options will most likely be very, very limited but you can constantly look up the WTB/S/T thread or send Mrs. Jo Carothers an email to enquire.
I don't need them made specifically for my custom knife, I'll shape the tang after the scales. I guess I'll keep an eye on the Sales threads. I just wasn't sure where exactly to look for them. Thank you.

^^^

71236992.jpg

Something that I find kind of funny. YETI products are made in China. There are supposedly fake YETI products. Guess where they are made.

There was a test done on YETI vs Wally World tumblers. There was virtually no difference.....except the price. Having said that, I bought a YETI 18oz Rambler because I liked some of the features. Of course, Walmart has now copied them. YETI is suing everyone. :D

Something that I find kind of funny. YETI products are made in China. There are supposedly fake YETI products. Guess where they are made.

There was a test done on YETI vs Wally World tumblers. There was virtually no difference.....except the price. Having said that, I bought a YETI 18oz Rambler because I liked some of the features. Of course, Walmart has now copied them. YETI is suing everyone. :D
Yeah, I won mine at a company Christmas party...no way I would have sprung for it myself. That being said, I was amazed when I first got it about 5 years ago...nowadays there's a lot of comparable options.

Back