Random Thought Thread

I don't know anything about Nitro v. Should I?

Many say it's an improved AEB-L with additional corrosion resistance and wear resistance at comparable hardness. Others say it's fragile and even more prone to warping than AEB-L. I'm not a knife maker, but it seems to require a deep cryo to offer its full potential. Those who've dialed it in swear by it.

I absolutely love AEBL for this type of Blade. Especially for its ease of sharpening and maintenance. I will talk to NJSB about this.

IMHO AEB-L is a fantastic steel, especially for kitchen knives.

But it can't hurt to check out Nitro V. Maybe it's hype, maybe it's not. Idk. As always, it's all about optimizing the heat treat for the blade's target use and shape/profile.

That was the start of last night's dream anyway...

I have a nitro v knife that Timothy Johnson made to my design. Haven't used it for more than cutting leather, but the knife has no sheath and is exposed to the open air and fluctuating temperatures yet displays no staining or corrosion at all
uwLbsEs.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone see what happened in my sale thread? I got an apology from a member. But I can't see anything.

Is my pricing off?
Feel free to enlighten me if you have insight as to what happened or if you know why my fk2 wont sell :confused:

Did anyone see what happened in my sale thread? I got an apology from a member. But I can't see anything.

Is my pricing off?
Feel free to enlighten me if you have insight as to what happened or if you know why my fk2 wont sell :confused:

Two dudes were chatting in your sales thread about your feet being in the pics. Guessing a mod removed that nonsense.

Let me know if this works...this was a 5.7 liter LS1 motor on a hot saw from the logging competition today.

I saw a similar video a long time ago about various motors used to power chain saws. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: I can't find it. The video showed chainsaws with motorcycle, V6 and V8 engines.

Last edited:

Is my pricing off?

Yes Christian, I saw it!
A few, maybe 4-5 frivolous, unrelated and insipid posts about your lack of foot ware, your general attire and the scenery... I kid you not!

Many find this unnecessary facetiousness quite annoying and if a Mod deeek slapped them, then good on that Mod.

Last edited:
Back