Random Thought Thread

Did anyone see what happened in my sale thread? I got an apology from a member. But I can't see anything.

Is my pricing off?
Feel free to enlighten me if you have insight as to what happened or if you know why my fk2 wont sell :confused:

If this is the thread, it's still there. I can't tell you why it isn't selling. Your price is about what everyone else is asking. There have been several FK2s for sale lately.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cpk-fk2.1672969/

Did anyone see what happened in my sale thread? I got an apology from a member. But I can't see anything.

Is my pricing off?
Feel free to enlighten me if you have insight as to what happened or if you know why my fk2 wont sell :confused:

It's still there but it was cleaned up, chatter posted by others was removed.

Pricing is a tad higher than some others which have been closer to $300, but I suspect it's cause you are not a CONUS seller, and there have been several recently so I think most demand is satiated.

Personally I am waiting for a used one to come up below cost to use as a project knife. But I imagine that will come in time. Might be some others like me waiting to buy the dip.

Just don’t try the interchangeability with the wood and possibly the CF handle scales!
Really? I was toying with trying to score a set of ironwood (even c grade) for my EDC in case I ever actually carry it on my belt...gotta match, right?;)

img_20190206_212513-jpg.1068428

Really? I was toying with trying to score a set of ironwood (even c grade) for my EDC in case I ever actually carry it on my belt...gotta match, right?;)

img_20190206_212513-jpg.1068428

IIRC, a while ago I was going to swap cocobolo handle scales with Bob on 2 UFs. We approached Jo and Nathan had said no and he didn’t want to do it either. I guess maybe he epoxies the wood scales? Something to do with potential for warping? I’d be interested to find out if you do the DIW swap within the EDC2 and other EDC which you have in mind?

IIRC, a while ago I was going to swap cocobolo handle scales with Bob on 2 UFs. We approached Jo and Nathan had said no and he didn’t want to do it either. I guess maybe he epoxies the wood scales? Something to do with potential for warping? I’d be interested to find out if you do the DIW swap within the EDC2 and other EDC which you have in mind?
I only have a D2 EDC(1), but I have OD G10 EDC(1) scales and OD micarta EDC2 scales, they both fit the tang perfectly. I don't have a line on any ironwood scales or anything, just something I've pondered. My best bet would probably be to beg Jo to dig around and maybe find a D grade set that never got chucked in the fireplace;)

Nathan epoxies the wood scales on, which in itself isn’t remarkable.

What’s remarkable is the knife isn’t ground after and you couldn’t tell it's epoxied just by looking at it.

I only have a D2 EDC(1), but I have OD G10 EDC(1) scales and OD micarta EDC2 scales, they both fit the tang perfectly. I don't have a line on any ironwood scales or anything, just something I've pondered. My best bet would probably be to beg Jo to dig around and maybe find a D grade set that never got chucked in the fireplace;)

I have literally swapped and replaced all other CPK handles material (micarta, G10, Terotuf, antique) with the exception of wood which Nathan had hinted to do so at own expense!

I guess putting a fresh set in will be less risky than swapping over which includes taking them off but to get back to the main essence of your post, yup it’s awesome to be able to swap over most scales within a pattern and find out that the tolerances are still nice and tight :thumbsup:

Yesterday I swapped over scales between 2 Shvs without much difficulty but did take my sweet time so not to screw them up!

Yup, I actually have a set of EDC hardware that I sanded the barrels on just a few thousandths to make my swaps easier. Gotta change it up depending on whether it's strapped to the bag o' doom with the HDFK or the Shiv. Although a set of OD micarta Shiv scales would solve that problem;)

Which reminds me, I need to hit Jo up for a set of OD micarta UF scales now that the pre-orders are running:D

Thanks for your input guys!
The pics were taken during summer in my backyard, in my bum around comfiest of clothes. Suprised a bunch of dudes had so much to say about it all :rolleyes: or is just us in the CPK forum who are abnormal for not caring about peoples attire?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input guys!
The pics were taken during summer in my backyard, in my bum around comfiest of clothes. Suprised a bunch of dudes had so much to say about it all :rolleyes: or is just us in the CPK forum who are abnormal for not caring about peoples attire?

In general, I think anyone has the best chance of selling for the best price by taking the time to get some decent quality photos. No other items in the photo that are not part of the sale. Photos should be well-framed, in decent light, taken to show the best overall shape of the knife and the details most folks are interested (condition of the edge, blemishes, etc.). Poorly lit and framed photos, being held in hand, etc. are just a mental deduct and/or decrease the pool of interested candidates.

Just an opinion.

We have no wood scales left for the EDCs.

Back